Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488392 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #350
3dyd, about video , on my system if i set video quality larger than 360p, then video have interruption and problem with synchronization, even if i manualy click play. I assume that this is because internet speed.

It is not necessary because of Internet speed. As for me, more or less problems have all formats except regular mp4 (i.e. mp4 with aac, it differs with video-only mp4), even if mp4 filesize is noticeably greater than filesize of video-only streams with equivalent quality. So my current recommendation regarding video - use only mp4 and disable all others through Features -> Video -> 'Formats to ignore'.

About mp4 quality. Available mp4 qualities are 360p (always) and 720p (if clip has such quality). Qualities greater than 720p on Youtube presented only via video-only streams. Between 360p and 720p there are only 480p quality and it also almost always presented only via video-only streams (except rare cases with 3D videos).

Also note about video & audio synchronisation. If audio stream is not seekable (e.g. m4a) then synchronisation workarounds will not work. So if video playback is important then better to disable m4a. As for me in this case is better to just disable all except ogg which now available for all clips.

Not sure why it says "FFmpeg: no" above in settings? I have FFmpeg installed and component points to the correct place and the component can see (Found = Yes) all the required *.dlls.

Which FFmpeg binaries you are using? I've checked by different ways and cannot reproduce this. If it says no, then FFmpeg will be not used. Btw, info about what are used for decoding and downloading shows in foobar console at track opening. The same is with video at its opening.

Also you better select in Downloading only foobar2000. Since some time content on Youtube can appear also via https from time to time (instead of http) and ffmpeg builds on Windows can't use https.

However, I am confused by what the following means: "AAC 256kbps is tricky, it appears even for the clips which definitely haven't such quality".

Actually this concerns OGG 192kbps too. Look for example on this clip. Before the moment when audio-only qualities appeared the max audio quality within available video files there was 96-128kbps. Now there are also 192kbps ogg and 256kbps AAC. So can be two possibilities. They have original quality with audio bitrate >=256kbps. Or they transcoded available source to aac/ogg with higher bitrate. Personally I not really believe in the first variant.

So can the bitrates displayed in properties or status bar be relied upon as being correct;

Most likely you have there actual bitrate info from the decoder i.e. it is definitely correct.

Incidentally one minor point is that in properties and status bar it always says 254kbps and not 256kbps (it is correct in youtube source history)

History shows expected bitrate of the stream which may differ with the actual bitrate. More info about quality estimation are here.

It seems that audio at 48000Hz is always preferred to 44100Hz regardless of the bitrate. Thus Opus 48000Hz 160kbps is chosen instead of M4a 44100Hz 256kbps, while I thought the bitrate might have higher priority when the Hz aren't that different.

Yeah, frequency currently has first priority along with the channels count. I agree, need to do something with this.

Reply #351
Not sure why it says "FFmpeg: no" above in settings? I have FFmpeg installed and component points to the correct place and the component can see (Found = Yes) all the required *.dlls.

Which FFmpeg binaries you are using? I've checked by different ways and cannot reproduce this. If it says no, then FFmpeg will be not used. Btw, info about what are used for decoding and downloading shows in foobar console at track opening. The same is with video at its opening.

Also you better select in Downloading only foobar2000. Since some time content on Youtube can appear also via https from time to time (instead of http) and ffmpeg builds on Windows can't use https.

Console shows it's using foobar2000 to decode:
Code: [Select]
Opening track for playback: "www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_1ACA-fFJ8"
3dydfy, opening mp4: download - foobar2000, decode - foobar2000
3dydfy, video opening (http): download - LAV Filters

As for FFmpeg version:
FFmpeg version: 2014-02-21 git-8c55ff3
  libavutil      52. 65.100 / 52. 65.100
  libavcodec     55. 52.102 / 55. 52.102
  libavformat    55. 33.100 / 55. 33.100
  libavdevice    55. 10.100 / 55. 10.100
  libavfilter     4.  1.103 /  4.  1.103
  libswscale      2.  5.101 /  2.  5.101
  libswresample   0. 17.104 /  0. 17.104
  libpostproc    52.  3.100 / 52.  3.100

Settings:
Start: fast, quality: best, ignore:flv;m4a, priority: ogg;opus;webm;mp4;, prefer-audio-only: yes
Downloading: foobar2000+ffmpeg, decode: mp4;webm;3gp;ogg, FFmpeg: no
Search-autocomplete: yes, album-art: no, proxy: no
Video: yes, resolution: 360p, subtitles: yes, ignore:mp4-vo, priority: , show: auto

Useful to know about https incompatibility as I use HTTPS Everywhere from EFF so from now when I paste a youtube url from browser I'll just paste the www.address without the https://.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #352
Hello, im having strange problem with the plugin, it stops right after 1:03 on each video that i listen, seeking is also unavailable
Plugin version - foo_youtube_1.3_preconf
Foobar 1.3.3

Console output:

Components loaded in: 0:00.131226
Configuration read in: 0:00.006035
Watching: D:\Music
Watching: D:\Download\Music
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.096200
w7shell: init started
w7shell: GDI+ initialized
w7shell: COM initialized
w7shell: running on Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
w7shell: DWM composition enabled
w7shell: WA_DISALLOW_PEEK successfully set
w7shell: WA_DISALLOW_PEEK successfully set
w7shell: WA_HAS_ICONIC_BITMAP successfully set
w7shell: WA_FORCE_ICONIC_REPRESENTATION successfully set
w7shell: WA_FLIP3D_POLICY successfully set
Skype playing notifications: Pending authorization.
Skype playing notifications: Connection successful.
w7shell: all green
3dydfy, ffmpeg inited: Lavf 55.43.100, Lavc 55.66.100, Lavu 52.89.100, Lavr 1.3.0
Startup time : 0:00.816661
w7shell: taskbar button create notification got
Opening track for playback: "3dydfy://youtube.com/watch?v=U-uMfPrP-2g"
3dydfy, opening m4a (http): download - foo_youtube, decode - ffmpeg
Unable to resume decoding at 1:03.274 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"3dydfy://youtube.com/watch?v=U-uMfPrP-2g"

Reply #353
As for FFmpeg version:
FFmpeg version: 2014-02-21 git-8c55ff3

Thanks for info! Minimal required ffmpeg version seems was changed after adding some stuff previously and checking if ffmpeg version is too old or not currently is incorrect so in your case ffmpeg is too old but component does not report this. I'll fix this but anyway you need to update ffmpeg to some newer version (2.2 and above, any starting from 2014-02-25 git-a8ad7e4 if be exact).

@boolz, I'll place here conclusion of your mail to not leave this problem opened.
In his case problem was solved by full reset of component preferences via deleting component CFG file.

UPD:

Useful to know about https incompatibility as I use HTTPS Everywhere from EFF so from now when I paste a youtube url from browser I'll just paste the www.address without the https://.

No, it is not about this. Component downloads page and related stuff by itself, protocol here is not important, it can use any of them. Final result of downloading and analysis is url to audio/video file which will be passed then (depending of 'Media downloading' preferences) to ffmpeg / foobar / foo_youtube in case of audio and to LAV Filters / foobar in case of video. Important is protocol of this media file because ffmpeg and LAV Filters can't use https. And protocol of this file does not depend of the original clip page url.

Reply #354
@ 3dyd

Excellent. Thanks for the clarification and info. Have updated ffmpeg and now console confirms ffmpeg is the decoder and also your component no longer says "FFmpeg: no".
So thanks again for your patience and I'm glad you'll include an FFmpeg version check in a future release.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #355
New version 1.3.1

Changelog:
- fixed checking of minimal required ffmpeg version
- fixed audio quality comparing (no priority for higher frequency in case of Opus)
- changed default settings for preferred and ignored video formats

Reply #357
so i tested this, works great

one problem though, i cant jump within the file if its AAC Codec. any help please?

Reply #358
Currently this is not possible. If this is critical, consider using Vorbis/Opus instead of AAC.

Reply #359
Would it be possible to add an option so that searches from UI element send results to the specified playlist instead of the active playlist?

Thanks.

Alessandro

Reply #360
great stuff!
I have a problem though - it fails randomly if using "foobar2000" processing, like not just stutters but completely shuts off and won't resume playback.
with "foo_youtube" it works great so far, but when I start 10 hour sea shore sounds it just "starting" foreeeever  so I can't watch long videos.

my connection is 100 mbps DL/UP and my PC is gaming rig, so it's beefy

Reply #361
Would it be possible to add an option so that searches from UI element send results to the specified playlist instead of the active playlist?

Maybe search within component main window can help? (menu View -> Youtube Source -> Search tab) It has more options related to destination playlist, check there context menu of the search results. In any case itegrated search will remain to use only active playlist but I can extend options in this context menu if need.

it fails randomly if using "foobar2000" processing

Randomly at all? I.e. it may fail, for example, in the first minute? Or it stops after noticeable time from playback start?

like not just stutters but completely shuts off and won't resume playback.

Does it show any message? Or just goes to the next song?

with "foo_youtube" it works great so far, but when I start 10 hour sea shore sounds it just "starting" foreeeever

Ok, I'll check this. Also, if you didn't yet, try preconf version from download page (after install hit 'Reset page' in Decoder tab from component preferences).

Reply #362

Maybe search within component main window can help? (menu View -> Youtube Source -> Search tab) It has more options related to destination playlist, check there context menu of the search results. In any case itegrated search will remain to use only active playlist but I can extend options in this context menu if need.

it fails randomly if using "foobar2000" processing

Randomly at all? I.e. it may fail, for example, in the first minute? Or it stops after noticeable time from playback start?

like not just stutters but completely shuts off and won't resume playback.

Does it show any message? Or just goes to the next song?

with "foo_youtube" it works great so far, but when I start 10 hour sea shore sounds it just "starting" foreeeever

Ok, I'll check this. Also, if you didn't yet, try preconf version from download page (after install hit 'Reset page' in Decoder tab from component preferences).

I had my playback errors turned off.
anyway so I enabled error showing again and here's what I got (with foobar2000 decoder):
Playback error
Decoding failure at 3:16.766 (Connection error):
"3dydfy://youtube.com/watch?v=g2AKB7g3hr0"

I was using foo_youtube all day yesterday and it failed me too (just one time though, so still much better than other decoder, but still can't watch long videos.. so here's that)
and I did install preconf version from the beginning, in fact the only setting I've changed is "play best available audio" because well.. I want to listen to high quality - maybe that's the problem (can't imagine why though, considering my internet speed).
also I checked history tab and it's always "m4a only audio 256" any time I look (which is good I presume?)

Reply #363
Ok, let see from other side. Paste here yours component preferences (Help -> Youtube Source -> Copy settings to Clipboard) and the link which starting forever. Also which Windows version do you have?

>> also I checked history tab and it's always "m4a only audio 256" any time I look (which is good I presume?)
Yes, it the best available audio quality on Youtube (but it is not seekable)

Reply #364
Hi, im wondering how can i load more than 100 songs from playlist?
i know that its limited by youtube by default but i know how to bypass it but i cant do it without source code of this component.
If u wanna try it, this is url im trying to parse > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FLG_q...ddpEgMgsv6de_Tg

Thanks for any response and yeah i would be thrilled to have source of this great component

Reply #365
Hi, im wondering how can i load more than 100 songs from playlist?
i know that its limited by youtube by default but i know how to bypass it but i cant do it without source code of this component.
If u wanna try it, this is url im trying to parse > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FLG_q...ddpEgMgsv6de_Tg

Thanks for any response and yeah i would be thrilled to have source of this great component

Omg im retard, i had bad setting in foobar because i didnt push apply and it was acting weirdly, now i have all songs loaded.

Reply #366
Youtube limit is 1000 clips from the feed. Component by default returns first 100 playable clips (clips which cannot be played due any reason are ignored and not counted). This default value (100 clips) can be changed through component preferences Features -> Max feed items count.

Reply #367
Like other users, I also have lots of dropouts in the sound (I don't use the video function). This video stutters exactly every ten seconds: so when the timer jumps from 0:09 to 0:10 (and 0:19 to 0:20, etc.), it hangs a moment and then plays on. My settings are below. Any suggestions?
Start: fast, quality: audio-bitrate 128 kbps, ignore:webm;flv;opus, priority: , prefer-audio-only: yes
Downloading: foobar2000, decode:
FFmpeg: Lavf 55.43.100, Lavc 55.66.100, Lavu 52.89.100, Lavr 1.3.0
Search-autocomplete: yes, album-art: no, proxy: no
Video: no

Reply #368
You configured ffmpeg but have not selected any format to decode by it. So decoding goes by foobar. According to your settings component selects to play audio-only WebM files with Vorbis codec (they called Ogg in the component). And foobar have some problems with playing such media files with your current settings. Solutions which I can suggest (preferred come first): select all formats in 'Decode its own' OR add ogg to 'Formats to ignore' OR select foo_youtube in 'Media downloading'.

Btw, if you can, please check last 1.3.4 beta, there are some fix for Matroska in changelog, maybe it relates also to this problem (WebM is subset of Matroska).

Reply #369
Thanks! Select all formats in 'Decode its own' did the trick. Where can I find the beta? It's not on the download page.

Reply #370
>> Where can I find the beta? It's not on the download page.
Sorry, I meant last foobar beta, not the component.

Reply #371
I'm also having sound dropouts on some links although i selected ffmpeg for decodes it;s own, foo_youtube for others, decode it's own mp4;m4a;webm;ogg;opus;3gp;flv

Reply #372
This info is not enough to suggest solution, paste your settings here (menu Help -> Youtube Source -> Copy settings to Clipboard).

Reply #373
Start: fast, quality: best, ignore:webm;ogg;m4a;flv, priority: , prefer-audio-only: yes
Downloading: foo_youtube+ffmpeg, decode: mp4;m4a;webm;ogg;opus;3gp;flv, FFmpeg: no
Search-autocomplete: yes, album-art: yes, remove-black: yes, limit: 100, proxy: no
Video: yes, resolution: 720p, subtitles: yes, ignore:mp4-vo, priority: , show: auto

I'm trying to watch a 8min clip, on a 4min it;s working there are no interrupts but the video is delayed from the sound..

Reply #374
Hi, first of all: thanks for this great extension!
I got a problem fetching a playlist: it only adds the first song to the playlist. It is http://youtu.be/BPtdSr6OwJA?list=RDBPtdSr6OwJA.

My settings are:
Start: fast, quality: best, ignore:webm;ogg;m4a;flv, priority: , prefer-audio-only: yes
Downloading: foobar2000, decode: , FFmpeg: no
Search-autocomplete: yes, album-art: yes, remove-black: yes, limit: 100, proxy: no
Video: no