Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488356 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1225
Hello Folks, anyone knows about how to listen to / play Radio Garden audio web-streaming?
Regards, Andrea

Reply #1226
Any way to bypass this YouTube age restriction thing or whatever it is?

Foobar You-Tube plugin pop-up info:
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: This video may be inappropriate for some users. | Analysis, no video found on Youtube URL): "youtube.com/watch?v=TN9FsOSWy8w"

Example song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN9FsOSWy8w

Reply #1227
anyone knows about how to listen to / play Radio Garden audio web-streaming?
There is no way to do this with this component unless youtube-dl adds Radio Garden support.

Any way to bypass this YouTube age restriction thing or whatever it is?
All I can say on the topic is collected in this article: Authenticated access on Youtube.

Reply #1228
All I can say on the topic is collected in this article: Authenticated access on Youtube.

Well went to the URL, followed instructions, but I cant seem to find the thing you give instructions to do.

Went to URL, F12, Refresh, Copy cURL.
But then the instruction on where to paste it is a bit unclear for me.
Quote:  Component preferences Network HTTP Enable persistent cookie storage Storage Modify Paste OK OK.

But in FooBar I can not find that in FooBar.
http://prntscr.com/riyfyl

And I could not see any components that matched either, and I did not find any info in the instructions that any component was needed.
http://prntscr.com/riyhnt

So if Im missing something plz let me know, either writing here or updating the instructions.

Reply #1229
It is about preferences of the component (of foo_youtube component since the site is for foo_youtube). I.e. Preferences -> Tools -> Youtube Source -> Network tab.

Reply #1230
It is about preferences of the component (of foo_youtube component since the site is for foo_youtube). I.e. Preferences -> Tools -> Youtube Source -> Network tab.

Oki, that explains why I dint find the settings, found it, worked fine, awesome.

Reply #1231
How to remove blinking when changing the built-in chapters?
Trying to watch Contagion (1080p HD) .m4v.
It really bothers ..

Reply #1233
I can’t create a button on the panel, I try to make it from the context menu, it is absent, the specified parameter is the artist - track

Reply #1234
Stumble upon yet another video that is not working.
And I did do " All I can say on the topic is collected in this article: Authenticated access on Youtube. " and it worked. But this is still blocked somehow.

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: foo_youtube: server error (403) from r2---sn-uxaxovg-5gor.googlevideo.com | ffmpeg: Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied) | foobar2000: Access denied):
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWY8UyW9bw"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWY8UyW9bw

Reply #1236
Yes, and it should be fixed in 3.6.

How to remove blinking when changing the built-in chapters?
Video playback is independent logic on top of the audio playback. It just pretends to be working together with the audio. Avoiding blinking in described use case is hardly possible. You may consider using video player for watching movies.

Reply #1237
You may consider using video player for watching movies
:-\  ..OK

Reply #1238
could you fix last update date on component repository? regards.

Reply #1239
Thanks for noticing. Fixed.

Reply #1240
Is it possible to add support for alternative outputs? MadVR is very good but it needs a lot of configuration to be light. Sometimes it makes my computer too slow. For example other players use EVR and in the last months we have MPC Video Renderer from MPC-BE guys.

I know that you don't want to be a KODI alternative and I'm OK. But I have a lot of videoclips and I like to watch them. So It will be nice to use F2K for that.

Reply #1241
Component supports the following renderers: madVR -> EVR -> VMR9 -> VMR7. In this chain it uses first rendeder which it does not fail to setup.

To exclude madVR from this chain you can set its 'Source' to 'None' via context menu in component preferences Maintenance -> Third-party Binaries -> madVR.

Reply #1242
OK you are the best. I haven't thought of that. I just tried it and it works perfectly. Before that I had sync problems. Now seek is instant.

Reply #1243
Howdy.

Did an entire "Format c:" uninstalled windows 7 and installed windows 10. (about time, hehe)

Dint do a backup of settings... long story short.

I can't seem to get O.B.S. to capture the Foobar YouTube video window.
I do find the window, and it does capture the background and the text between the songs.
But OBS doesn't capture the actual videos instead it only displays a "black box" instead of the video. ( The video is displayed correctly on my screen, just not in OBS )
( did install some "K-Lite Codec Pack 1544 Mega" )

Since I have not used Windows 10 before, I have no clue if there are any settings that I might need to change to get it to work. Or if there is something I else I might need to download to get things working?

But Im guessing the people who are in this forums might know a lot more on how to solve the issue, thx in advance.

Reply #1244
Since the component has not much options to tinker with in regard to video playback, an answer might actually be in my previous comment. I.e. among other things K-Lite Mega installs madVR, and the component uses it by default. One probably cannot easily grab video from madVR due to the way this renderer works, so you may try to disable it (follow instructions from my previous comment) and see if that helps. This is just a guess, but I have no other ideas.

Reply #1245
Since the component has not much options to tinker with in regard to video playback, an answer might actually be in my previous comment. I.e. among other things K-Lite Mega installs madVR, and the component uses it by default. One probably cannot easily grab video from madVR due to the way this renderer works, so you may try to disable it (follow instructions from my previous comment) and see if that helps. This is just a guess, but I have no other ideas.

Yha, worked perfectly, thx.

Screenshot if anyone els need to find it and get it working.
https://prnt.sc/s4y056

Reply #1246
Hi..dose anyone know why the grouped album art's height has big space at the bottom on playlist view?
Other playlists are ok...only the search result list from youtube has the problem..
XX

Reply #1247
Thank you for a very useful component! 
Since I found it I'm using it every day for Youtube. But also would like to use it for local videos, cause I haven't found any other media player which would have such great audio quality like Foobar2000

I have read this whole thread but haven't really found clear answer - it suppose to play ALL local videos, right ?

So far I can watch MP4 files perfectly, but with MKV files I'm getting error: "Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported audio track format)", with AVI and MPG files I'm getting a little bit different error: "Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format)"

Is it suppose to be that way and it's impossible to watch MKV AVI and MPG files with that amazing audio quality of Foobar2000 or am I doing something wrong? 

Reply #1248
For Soundcloud playlists import/listing into foobar I have set up youtube-dl in foo_youtube at Preferences/Youtube Source/Maintainance as described here, and it works very well in general.
One issue I have found is that the import of a soundcloud playlist stops with the first track which is not available in my country. For example, for this playlist only the first of 446 tracks is imported, as already the second is not available in my country.
I could not find a way to add an option like --ignore-errors to youtube-dl within the foo_youtube setup. Is there a way to tell youtube-dl to ignore country restriction errors and skip these tracks?

Reply #1249
This had to be fixed on component side. Fixed in 3.6.1 beta3.

@Rytis Jonas
Component handles only video playback which acts like a visualization for the audio being played by foobar2000. I.e. file must be playable by foobar2000. It has mp4 support out-of-the-box. For other formats you need additional components e.g. foo_input_ffmpeg