Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: are there 2 wavpack tagging formats ? (Read 14055 times) previous topic - next topic

are there 2 wavpack tagging formats ?

Reply #25
hi dar,

at least i only have to type it in once.

my biggest editing chore is typing in the track numbers to all the songs that i edit, which turns out to be most of them.  dont know any way around that, at this point.

foobar will pick up all the song names from the actual file names.  i only have to type in the artist and album once.  but i need to call up each individual wv file, to load the track number.  once all the track numbers are loaded, i only have to type in the "number of tracks on cd" once.

btw, if the track number itself is outside the limit of "number of tracks on cd", then foobar will not write anything into the "number of tracks on cd" field.

one thing i am liking about the editing is the tempo change.  i will keep the original tempo, but if i like the melody, i often create an uptempo version of the melody, and deliberately call it track 99 and keep it in a different folder from my original album folder.  and foobar will not allow you to put 24 tracks on the cd, if you have called it  track 99.  but that is cool.  all my tempo edits in itunes shows up just as track 99, instead of xx/xx format - which is one reason i want the non-tempo songs to all have the xx/xx format.

Reply #26
i tried to reproduce what i thought i had seen, but could not.

i attempted to re-install the older version of mediacoder, along with eac running 4.3.1 wavpack, because i thought this combination was putting the number of tracks on the cd into the field.

but it did not do it, this time.  so with all my playing around, i will have to assume that i am wrong, and that this never occurred.

i had played around with flac, as well.  so it is at least possible that this occurred with flac, and not wavpack.

so at this point, the first question to determine is if eac can give wavpack the xx/xx format for track number ?

if so, how does one go about doing it ?

Reply #27
so at this point, the first question to determine is if eac can give wavpack the xx/xx format for track number ?

if so, how does one go about doing it ?

In your WavPack command line, then change :

-w "Track=%n"

To :

-w "Track=%n/%x"

I have just checked the APEv2 spec and this format is supported :

Key      : Track     
Meaning : Track Number or Track Number/Total Tracks Number     
Format  : Integer or Integer/Integer

CU, Martin.

Reply #28
hi martin,

that worked.  thanks.

btw dar,

the "x" was making the encode horribly long.  5 times longer, approx.  so i removed that.  i will take my chances with disk space.  i did leave the "h" in.