Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convert wavpack hybrid to wavpack standard (Read 14241 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert wavpack hybrid to wavpack standard

Reply #25
Yes, I know the adoption is pretty slow in some distros.

I just noticed that my distro upgraded 

I just saw that Arch  Linux updated, but they had to add --disable-asm, which means it's actually slower than 4.70 now. I've e-mailed the maintainer asking if I could help.

I also got a report that the asm build on MaxOS is broken too... 

Reply #27
I guess the bug has been fixed. The one in my distro is just ancient.

Reply #28
Yes, I know the adoption is pretty slow in some distros.

I just noticed that my distro upgraded 

I just saw that Arch  Linux updated, but they had to add --disable-asm, which means it's actually slower than 4.70 now. I've e-mailed the maintainer asking if I could help.

I also got a report that the asm build on MaxOS is broken too... 

If building from X64 and targeting X86. The right asm arch is not detected correctly if --host is not passed explicitly!
That's because you're using $host_cpu for detection in configure.

Reply #30
^ You might want to ask the question on the arch mailing list or the maintainer directly, instead.

Reply #31
Wavpack 4.75.2 are released. Arch Linux package is up. Arch still uses --disable-asm. Why is this?

https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/pac...ackages/wavpack

I noticed that for 4.75.0 and e-mailed the maintainer (I had corresponded with him in the past), but did not hear back.

I'll try again.