Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FormsAndButtons for WSH Panel Mod (Read 9505 times) previous topic - next topic

FormsAndButtons for WSH Panel Mod

I am finally ready to publish my extended and highly improved FormsAndButtons script and I made an example layout showing how it could be used:

[attachment=5837:FormsAnd...tons_2.0.jpg][attachment=5838:FormsAnd...0_pop_up.jpg]

The example layout is a combination of a tag editor and a last.fm reader (roughly based on Marc2003's last.fm script, but no longer requires art.exe). I included two version of the .fcl version. If you want to prevent any possible change of the tags of your files, try the SAVE version - it isn't completely functional, though.

To see how you could use FormsAndButtons.js and LastFM.js in you own scripts, see the comments in the files.

BEFORE YOU OPEN ONE OF THE .FCL FILES: open LastFM.js in an editor (for example notepad), insert your own last.fm API (you can request it on www.last.fm/api and adjust the datafolder variable. Also don't forget to turn off save mode in wsh panel mod.

For this layout is required:
- Foobar2000 (min. v1.0)
- foo_ui_columns
- foo_uie_library_tree
- foo_uie_panel_splitter
- foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod (min. v1.3.2)
- foo_wave_seekbar

Download:
[attachment=5839:FormsAnd...tons_2.0.zip]

PS: to open the pop-up, click on the asterisk right of the artist name

Reply #1
oh my word. you sir, are quite clearly insane. that's some effort you've put into that. 5000 lines of code in just one file... 

just one thing that's puzzling me.... why have you created your own crc32 function? this means no other foobar components can use the same images that it downloads.

Reply #2
Excellent script + works "out of the box", I love it, even if it freezes when reading a new artist file (minor burden).

3 things:

1) I have tagged my files for artists beginning by "The xxx" as "xxx, The". Could you please add something like this:
- do your usual artist finding on last.fm
- if not found, and if the artist is "xxx, The" try to find "The xxx"

2) Is there a way to grab more than 5 artists photos ? It seems there is a limit.

3) Is there a way to automagically scan my library and grab the pictures for all the artists ?

Reply #3
Excellent script + works "out of the box", I love it, even if it freezes when reading a new artist file (minor burden).

3 things:

1) I have tagged my files for artists beginning by "The xxx" as "xxx, The". Could you please add something like this:
- do your usual artist finding on last.fm
- if not found, and if the artist is "xxx, The" try to find "The xxx"

2) Is there a way to grab more than 5 artists photos ? It seems there is a limit.

3) Is there a way to automagically scan my library and grab the pictures for all the artists ?

1. I won't, because it doesn't make sense for my own purpose (and yes, I wrote this in the first place for myself  ). By the way: why would you save your tags like that, if you can use title formatting to do it for you?

2. Yes there is: change "5" in lines 114, 179 and 192 in the image view panel to whatever you want.

3. I would like so, but wsh panel mod doesn't provide the tools to get the content of the library (nor of a playlist)

@marc2003: yes I know it is insane what I did (and I told myself so, after wasting way to much time at it  ). And why I wrote my own crc32 script (or in fact: copied it somewhere from the web)? Because I think it looks stupid to use title format in a script 

Reply #4
Thank you Harm for your answers.
1: because I switched from iTunes to foobar just weeks ago, iTunes doesn't allow this, foobar does.
2: Thank you!
3: Gack :/

Reply #5
Hi Harm,

i'm just looking for an input text method, and i decided (to win time) to use your script.

I think i've found a bug when you edit a FormTextInput object in some way:
==> when i select the text with the mouse from the right to the left, that's looking good, text is selected, but if i enter new chars from keyboard, the new text is displayed inverted !!!
for example, after this mouse selection, if i try to write "pink", it displays "knip". (no problem if selection is made from left to right)

if think that in this case, your script set the position of new chars to come before the cursor and not behind .. or something like this ...

could you check it please and tell me you can fix it?

thanx by advance, and congratulations for this marterpiece of code, it's really impressive!

Regards,

Br3tt.

Reply #6
Hi Br3tt,

I've not uploaded any updates for a long time, so there is a version that probably has these issues already solved. I will have a look at my code soon to see if I could publish an update. There are still some bugs that I haven't had time to solve...

Harm

Reply #7
This is very nice. May I ask how to change color of the borders. I'm also doing another layout for my own and been trying to figure out how to change the color of these borders. Yours are currently white...