Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp ? (Read 5413 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp ?

Just recently Winamp (2.72) started showing time as a countdown (time remaining).  How to I change it back to being actual track time?

Also, where do I get the MAD plugin?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Winamp ?

Reply #1
Click on the time, it switches between elapsed/remaining.

MAD plug-in here.
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Winamp ?

Reply #2
thanks
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Winamp ?

Reply #3
While you're at it, upgrade to Winamp 2.80...

Winamp ?

Reply #4
really never saw much difference and no need to... unless I'm missing something

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Winamp ?

Reply #5
Wasn´t there a security hole or something like this in < 2.80 Winamp?

Winamp ?

Reply #7
The security bug only affected people who had their minibrowser open so if you don't use the minibrowser, I am pretty sure your safe from that security flaw. I myself still use WinAmp 2.77 and follow that philosophy of it ain't broke don't fix it.  I just update all of PP plugins cause they the best

Cheers
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Winamp ?

Reply #8
if it ain't broke, don't fix it... but if it's old and dirty, polish it.

when we're talking about such a trivial download as winamp (you really only need to get the Lite version, which is ~500kb) you might as well keep up to date for new features and stability.

now, when it comes to upgrading to Windows 2000 SP3, that's a different story.

Winamp ?

Reply #9
Winamp 2.73:
* seeking for HTTP/1.1 streamed MP3 files

Winamp 2.74:
* fixed vis shutdown related bugs (message pump is run while waiting for safety)
* fixed layer 2 i/s bug in in_mp3
* fixed HTTP/1.1 + Apache CGI issues in in_mp3.
* improved HTTP auth support in in_mp3

Winamp 2.75:
* MASSIVELY optimized directory scanning and removed multi-add bugs

Winamp 2.77:
* mb.ini skin support (Winamp/MBOpen)
* fixed issues with using a large number of input plug-ins and extensions in
  open box (I think)
* fixed a small "bug" in the id3 editor of in_mp3
* fixed the frame count bug in id3 editor of in_mp3

Winamp 2.79:
* upgraded unzip/decompress support to zlib 1.1.4, for big security fix
* fix to id3v2+unicode support

Winamp 2.80:
* new splash screen
* minibrowser security fix
* included PP's hacks for slightly better unicode filename support

Ok, all these things are the most important that aren't plugin updates (which some are very recommended anyway). The option is yours.

Winamp ?

Reply #10
ok, y'all talked me into it.  *I feel my are being twisted*

Winamp ?

Reply #11
"Fear the power of the masses on HA"

I also upgraded to WinAmp 2.80a. Now I can use PP wa2update.exe package

Cheers
AgentMil

Winamp ?

Reply #12
Can I just install over my old winamp?  Or will I have to uninstall old one, and install the new one and have to load all my plugs etc?

Winamp ?

Reply #13
Just install it over the old WinAmp (I suggest you make a backup of that directory first, you can never be to careful ) then download the latest wa2update.exe from PP website, and your done. You got a nice smelling llama approved version of WinAmp. All your settings are kept and so are the plugins.

Cheers
AgentMil

Winamp ?

Reply #14
I'm lost with the "wa2update.exe from PP website".  What is the PP website?

Winamp ?

Reply #15
Sorry hehe thought you knew, my bad 

Here it is http://www.blorp.com/~peter/

It has the updates for plugins used in WinAmp 2 and 3. The page is easy to navigate so I am pretty sure you find it from the homepage.

Sorry

Cheers
AgentMil

Winamp ?

Reply #16
thanks,  All is good now

Winamp ?

Reply #17
Ok, so I upgraded to 2.80 and installed the mad decoder.  The only problem is, once I select the MAD decoder, i cannot select another encoder, it just keeps using MAD.  Is this a bug, or the way it's supposed to be, or am I just a dumbass (dont' answer that)?

Winamp ?

Reply #18
In the MAD plugin configuration dialog (ctrl-P -> plugins -> input -> MAD plugin) there's an option the enable/disable the plugin.

Winamp ?

Reply #19
must've missed that one, hehehe

Winamp ?

Reply #20
Originally posted by AgentMil
"Fear the power of the masses on HA"

I also upgraded to WinAmp 2.80a. Now I can use PP wa2update.exe package

Cheers
AgentMil

One question. I recently (yesterday) downloaded Winamp 2.80(a?) to accomplish the wa2update requeriments. It still shows the version is 2.80. The question is : Am I supposed to think Winamp 2.80*a* is on other site different of the Winamp one? If yes, where to find it? It still puzzles me.

Thanks in advance...

Winamp ?

Reply #21
2.80a was a silent release.  it wasn't marked anywhere in the file it's self (The date in the About box might be diffrent, never checked).  If you just downloaded it you are fine.