Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_lastfm_radio (Read 343334 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #150
Released version 0.5 with single playlist option, and editable favourites list.

lordgreg: I suspect foo_playback_custom is trying to write tags at 60 seconds, which causes this behaviour. You should check "Only tracks in the media library update playback statistics" in that component's options to avoid this problem.

It is perfect ! Thank you so much nausea !

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #151
Thanks for the update. The single playlist improves handling a lot for me as I change 'stations' quite often.

Coming back to my earlier post - what I'm missing right now is some more content for the properties, especially the genre tags.

I don't know exactly where the infos come from, which are presented by the newest version, but the next step in tagging would be the examination of a per track track.getinfo query. In this case there would be additional information for
  • album-position: Track number
  • toptags: Genre - only the top-rated, but i think using all available would go against usability
  • listeners/playcount: could be used to calculation a general rating
Maybe there are more. I think the most valuable are the toptags. Using them would bring more life to the enhanced "Last.fm Radio" context menu.

As you are actually storing some informations as property - would it work to store images the same way? As embedded Tags?

Love this component - Thanks

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #152
I dont think last.fm has genre in its API? It uses tags instead, correct me if im wrong please.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #153
I dont think last.fm has genre in its API? It uses tags instead, correct me if im wrong please.

No, you are absolutely right. last.fm has only tags which is a general way to put the content into categories.

But I think these tags are very near to genres. At least you can find tags like 'jungle', 'disco' and 'electronic'.

With foo_lastfm_radio you can browse through your proper tagged library and tune to a last.fm station with a (general)tag as defined for the genre of one of your tracks.

But while listening to last.fm you can't choose this option for songs comming from last.fm as these aren't equipped with genre information. But the info is at hand - the tags. And for not messing around with all the possible tags of a song it would make sense to constrain to the toptags ...

JMHO, Jogi

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #154
I'm now getting the same error as lordgreg but I dont have foo_playback_custom. This didn't happen with prev version.
Heres the error from the console

[22:14:00] Last.fm Radio: Problem opening track "FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://kingpin5.last.fm/user/0ac5b17875d54d3ccff0e9e40615dd66.mp3LASTFM" : Invalid ticket (403)
[22:14:00] Unable to resume decoding at 0:00.000 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
I love π

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #155
A small request- would it be possible to have tracks disappear from the playlist on stop, instead of when the next track plays?

Cheers, love this plugin!

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #156
Thanks for update with single-playlist thingy and cofigurable favourits stations!

A small request- would it be possible to have tracks disappear from the playlist on stop, instead of when the next track plays?

+1 for that

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #157
This might have already been mentioned, but — it doesn't scrobble the tracks I've played through it. Also, it could use a "like" and "don't like" function. Other than that, great work, thanks! I've been looking for a working alternative to the official client for some time now, because for some reason the official client often crashes for me after half an hour of playing. Last Exit on Linux for example doesn't, and this plugin of yours has worked nicely so far as well.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #158
This might have already been mentioned, but — it doesn't scrobble the tracks I've played through it

for that you've got another plugin, which is mentioned in first post:
Note: Played tracks are not scrobbled. (Use foo_audioscrobbler with "Only submit tracks from the Media Library" disabled if you want this functionality.)

EDIT: An option "clear playlist contents" while changing favourite station would be nice. ATM selected, new station is being added at the end of current station, so one need to listen to remaining songs of old station or navigate manually to new station.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #159
Anyone else having trouble with the feed today? About half way through every track I am getting...

Code: [Select]
Unable to resume decoding at 3:25.375 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://kingpin5.last.fm/user/1dfdcfc2edd8119e5f3ddf6a790f1017.mp3LASTFM"

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #160
THANK YOU!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE PLUGIN!

I've used foobar2000 for about 3 years now and i had to sign up to thank you for this wonderful plugin.

Also thanks to all the foobar and plugin developers. foo_playcount, audioscrobbler, foo_msnalt, playlist tree mod. thanks everyone i know this is a bit offtopic but this plugin is da shit

EDIT:
i wanted to be able to save some of the radio files to a playlist so later I could have a playlist of 'favorite' tracks from the radio, but I couldnt do that since old tracks get removed from all playlists. I came up with this simple foo_run script that will append the artist, album, and title to a textfile on my desktop.
cmd /C "echo %artist% - [%album% - ]%title% >> c:\users\isa\desktop\lastfm.txt"

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #161
Any chances for implementing some way of handling lastfm:// links? I've set Opera to open those with foobar2000 and it works, but not perfectly, i.e. it loads few songs (into default playlist, not last.fm autoplaylist, but that's to be expected), play them and that's it. It doesn't retrieve new songs nor remove played ones. Is it fixable in any way?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #162
Hello,
I have to join the group of people saying this is just a marvellous component. Thanks for it.
I have got a question too: I am used to look to my lfm playlist periodically. If I see a song which I don't want to listen to currently I simply delete it. Might this be cause of those random info messages others have mentioned? I mean those having something to do with tickets and the ones saying something like "temp unavailable". Huh none has shown for like 10 minutes this time so it's really very random.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #163
Anyone else having trouble with the feed today? About half way through every track I am getting...

"FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://kingpin5.last.fm/user/1dfdcfc2edd8119e5f3ddf6a790f1017.mp3LASTFM"
I have exactly the same issue. I installed it today. Is it working all the way through each track for everybody?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #164

I have exactly the same issue. I installed it today. Is it working all the way through each track for everybody?

The cause for me was something in F2K trying to write information to the tag, I disabled it and everything worked fine. Can't remember which it was, look in F2K preferences/advanced/tools/playback statistics and make sure the 'synchronize' box is unticked, if not that one then it was something writing a play count or similar... have a play around and see which one does it

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #165
Ah, yes! That's it. Thanks!
<3

It was my play_count tag writer thing...

edit: Would be nice if this had some love/hate buttons. :>

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #166
Hello,
Today I had like 5 songs in the playlist. First song was playing. Looking over the play list I have accidentally selected last item in the playlist. Since I do have "Playback Follows Cursor" activated in the "Playback" menu when currently playing song had finished it skipped to the last entry in the playlist deleting all the tracks before. I guess on start of playback plugin removes all the entries from the playlist which are positioned before the one which has just started to play. Would it be possible to tweak this behaviour somehow so it only really deletes a track which has been listened to the end or when it has been stopped manually in the middle?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #167
I guess on start of playback plugin removes all the entries from the playlist which are positioned before the one which has just started to play.

This is the intended behaviour as the Last.fm ticketing system would not allow those tracks to be played.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #168
This is the intended behaviour as the Last.fm ticketing system would not allow those tracks to be played.

I am afraid you haven't understood my explanation correctly. As far as I know ticket system does not allow a track to be played more than once. But it allows to change the order of tracks. For example try the following.
1) wait until last fm station populates at least with three tracks.
2) start playing first entry.
3) swap second and third tracks without stopping or pausing.
4) after first track finishes the following track (the one that was originally 3rd one) will start playing and after that one is finished it correctly advances to the track which has originally been second one.
If "Playback follows cursor" is enabled then you can control the order just by changing selection. With current design this does not work because all the tracks before currently playing one will be removed even though they haven't been played at all.

Edit: Ah not. I was wrong. I don't know where I got such impression from. If you change the order it won't play tracks which you have moved forward. Those moved backward will play fine.
So please excuse me and ignore my stupid post.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #169
Edit: Ah not. I was wrong. I don't know where I got such impression from. If you change the order it won't play tracks which you have moved forward. Those moved backward will play fine.

You shouldn't actually be able to change the order of tracks in the playlist. I use the default UI and can't. Are you using Columns UI?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #170
I guess on start of playback plugin removes all the entries from the playlist which are positioned before the one which has just started to play.

On a related note, can you override/ignore the current shuffle mode? I always have to manually revert to Default order when listening to a last.fm station (failing that it would skip some tracks, obviously).

I'm afraid it's not possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

TIA.

Alessandro

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #171
You shouldn't actually be able to change the order of tracks in the playlist. I use the default UI and can't. Are you using Columns UI?

I am also using default UI. Technically it is really possible to change order of tracks in the play list by cutting and pasting. I am used to use shortcut keys ctrl+x and ctrl+v which have also been set by default I think.
However my thoughts in the postings above were wrong, it's why I have edited my previous message with further explanation. Lastfm radio won't be able to do its job correctly when order of tracks changes either by cutting and pasting or as a result of "Playback follows cursor" option.
I am afraid this is not possible but to avoid confusion these actions should be suppressed for the last fm playlists somehow.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #172
New version 0.5.2 is out.

It's not possible to override the playback order but I've included an advanced preference to set the playback order to Default when playing Last.fm radio playlists. The previous playback order is restored when playing a non-Last.fm track again. I've left it as an option as there may be unforeseen consequences if another component also alters the playback order.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #173
wouldn't it be also possible to turn off "Playback follows cursor" option while lastfm radio is playing somehow?