Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 377054 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #150
I have two questions:

1. Can I change the play button from the columns to something else?(The way it was when it first came out was better imo)

2. Does anyone know the number to have ratings just be circles?

Reply #152
BTW we're talking subgenres here, but I believe the recommended tag is %style%, not %subgenre%. Am I right ?

Huhu!
Jeah i know and i am using the %style% tag. It is only shown in the Header with the name "Subgenre"
Greetz

Reply #153
Hi.
Is there some kind of way of aligning text in 'Custom Grouping Schemes'?
I would like to have for example '['%genre%']' at the end of a line.

Gawel

Reply #154
No, there isn't. Group headers are always left aligned.

Reply #155
Is there any particular reason why $tab() doesn't work?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #156
Hi there !
It's been a long time since I updated foobar and... wow, that new default interface looks really great and easier to configure. I'm still not sure if I'll stay with ColumnsUI or switch to DUI though, I decided to give it a try for a few weeks.

Anyway, how do you change the font of the group headers ?
I'm sure it must be somewhere but I can't find it 

Reply #157
Is there a way to store playlists in playlistmanager, but not show them as a playlist-tab? I like the tabs for some favorite playlists, but also want to store a lot of playlists in the manager, but more then X entrys makes double rows of tabs and thats kinda ugly. Can't find the option...

Reply #158
I've split two posts that were not about designs posted in the "Default UI Gallery" thread, but were rather feature requests or general questions. Please keep in mind that such questions are likely to stay unnoticed by developers (at least by Peter) in here.

Reply #160
@Gapkiller

Nice config!
How to make this watch

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #162
@ shakey_snake

It´s my attempt on a fast and visually pleasing workmachine 

@ Strictly4me

Thx

As SmilerSmiles said it´s a very clean screensaver called fliqlo...you can get  it here...

After that go to foosion´s page and download foo_vis_screensaver

Reply #163
Coz I am never satisfied with my layout and I thought it might be possible with the new playbackstatistics to add rating buttons to default UI I did a little tweak of my config. The hearts at the top set rating for the current  playing song. Why is rating in selection properties showing as squares btw??

Reply #164
@Mar2zz Check your 'List Fon't under Defualt User Interface -> Colors and Fonts. It should be unicode I believe.

- kp

Reply #165
That doesn't seem to work. I tried Lucinda Sans Unicode and Calibri. I don't have the Arial Unicode, so I couldn't try that. Why is rating there when the default foobar font doesn't write stars or hearts or anything, just squares (meaning cannot write symbol)?

Reply #166
I've been playing around with the Default UI and really love how easy it is to configure.
I have a few questions regarding it:

1.) Is it possible to edit to the Selection Properties UI element? For example, I'd like to display custom tags there. If it's not possible now, is this functionality planned for the future?

2.) I would love something similar to the foo_trackinfo plugin to display custom text/tags as an element. Any chance this could be added?

3.) With the album art UI element, is it possible to display a default jpg instead of [no image]?

4.) I also understand that developer access to develop plugins for the Default UI is very limited. Is this just temporary while it's being developed, or is this a fundamental philosophy and won't change?

Thanks in advance!

Reply #167
1.) Is it possible to edit to the Selection Properties UI element? For example, I'd like to display custom tags there. If it's not possible now, is this functionality planned for the future?
Preferences -> Advanced ->Display ->Properties dialog ->Standard fields

2.) I would love something similar to the foo_trackinfo plugin to display custom text/tags as an element. Any chance this could be added?
I expect something like this will be quickly developed by someone when the SDK is released.

3.) With the album art UI element, is it possible to display a default jpg instead of [no image]?
Preferences -> Advanced ->Display ->Image to display when no album art can be found

4.) I also understand that developer access to develop plugins for the Default UI is very limited. Is this just temporary while it's being developed, or is this a fundamental philosophy and won't change?
I think we can assume it will be released, however I imagine that it is taking a while to be released because what Elements will be allowed to do will probably be fairly restricted, compared to other types of components, so that they cannot be abused the way more recent GUI components have abused the SDK in the eyes of the foobar2000 devs.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #168
Thanks for info Frank. I looked all over the preferences and right clicking on the playlist but I didn't check the main dropdown menu. I also got the no cover image worked out. I can only hope that the album art filenaming will become more flexible in the future. I prefer to use descriptive filenames for the art instead of generic "folder.*, cover,*, etc" and the thread you directed me to indicates that I am not the only one.

how did u get the no cover image to work???

Reply #170
^ you've definitely sent me on the right track, but i still haven't gotten it 2 work. the no cover image i have is in my components folder so i put this "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components\default.png" as the  absolute path, but it still didn't work

Edit:

it ended up working... thanks a lot

Reply #171
Another question, when using the Custom Grouping schemes, is it possible for the header/separating row to be on 2 lines? With 2 lines of text? If so, what's the "Return Carriage" command?

Someone threw a suggestion of being able to change the alignment from left, right, center. I also think that would be great addition.

Thanks!

Reply #172
no.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #173
I made quite a few changes to my fb2k layout recently. The point was to make it more 'portable' - when I use it on my brother's rig, it has to fit in 1024x768. So I made it narrower and put a few tabs on the layout to get rid of the sidebar which is not always needed, afterall...

Extended mode (default)
Info mode with a sidebar
'Ghosts' mode - for watching recent NIN releases with embedded art in each and every track

And yes, I made an integrated 'Ghosts' mode for this new layout. The point that it has a large album art viewer field for those great photos. Not as big as the pictures themselves (they're 800x800 and 1000x1000), but this 640x640 seems to be good enough  Album art sizes are strictly enforced in both Extended and Info mode, and 640 width is also enforced in Ghosts mode (the window is still resizeable vertically and it's possible to make it smaller, but otherwise everything's fixed - pity that I can't fix Facets' panel width if I have more than one... the lower limit for window size is 1024x437, when my layout reaches the point where there are no playlist items visible in Extended mode so the bottom of the client area hits the upper-locked horizontal splitter. Window width is fully locked to 1024. (Though it would be nice if there were fixed/auto-resized playlist columns jult like in CUI - not for this particular layout, but I missed them with my last one.)

Columns:
- As Extended mode shot shows 'extinf' column is to display bitrate/mod channels/SID type for the codec
- In Info mode the Codec column only shows %codec%, without profile. It sized to be able to display "Monkey's..." from "Monkey's Audio", the longest named codec I've ever seen. Everything else I know (including Wavpack/Musepack) fits perfectly (up to 'Musepack / BrainDead' in Extended mode). Everything's sized to accomodate these with MS sans serif 8 (I need every characters in both Hungarian/German/Swedish/Japanese/etc. sets) with or without ClearType.
- That little one( half)-character column is ReplayGain. It's 'denser' when the track has AlbumGain, not only TrackGain (and it's '-' when the track has none).

It seems that there is a little wasted space on the right side of the playlists and one of the facets - it's to avoid getting horizontal scrollers even if I switch to XP's default layout (normally I use a slightly modified Classic theme).

I also experimented with enforcing 640x640 display in Ghosts view, but I found no elements on my layout that could be used to lock the way it wouldn't have allowed to resize the window under 1024x733 but would have made it possible to resize above. I tried to put a horizontal splitter under the 640x640 album art, but it looked plain ugly when resized above the minimum size and putting a 'filler' vis panel under it looked bad again. So now it's still way too resizeable vertically...

p.s. the text colors are the same in all the 3 modes, it's just Irfanview's JPEG compression that messed it up on the last picture (it was too large as a png)...

Reply #174
heres mine

Moderation: Please do not inline images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. Please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.

How did you code the "rating" column?