Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_osd’s graphics are not recorded by screen-capturing programs (Read 1895 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_osd’s graphics are not recorded by screen-capturing programs

Hello Foobar2000 Support Folks,

First of all I have to say I love the player it is fantastic. The problem I am having is with screen region capture of foobar2000 and more importantly foo_osd. I would really like the OSD to show up when I'm live streaming so people know the name of the tracks while I take a short break. I'm currently running foobar2000 v1.2.5 and foo_ocd 1.73. I will post some pictures of the problem.

Foobar2000

Screen Region

Thank you for your time.
Rofl

Reply #1
Hello Roflcoptor,

One simple option would be to add a splitter to the layout and put a foo_textdisplay panel above the spectrum visualization.

But if your goal is a clean layout with nothing but the text and spectrum on a black background, with no visible splitter UI element, there are still options but it becomes more complicated.

It'd be good to know if the problem is with foo_osd in particular, or if xsplit doesn't like any UI element that isn't embedded into the main window. Does xsplit capture any other type of popup windows, such as one of the visualizations under the View menu?

Reply #2
Hey Trout,

Yea that is exactly what I'm looking for,nice clean layout. I wanted to go with foo_osd for that custom look. To be honest it seems like xsplit can't seem to see the foo_osd. Xsplit can see every visualizations even when popped out. So foobar2000 seems to be fine. Is there a way to get foo_osd to embed within the window? or another work around?

Thanks
Rofl

Reply #3
I don't know of anything else that can be done, on foobar2000's end, with foo_osd.

As for other solutions...

foo_title ? - It might present the same problem as foo_osd... see if it works. If so, you (or we) could make a custom skin to suit your theme.

I can't think of any other way to get a text overlay with a transparent background. foo_popup_panels would be my next suggestion to try, if text on an opaque background would suffice. (along with foo_popup_panels, foo_ui_columns would need to be installed for it to become available in the Default UI ; then I'd use either foo_uie_panel_splitter or foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod to display the text. Just shout back if you need any additional help with this.)

btw, I've watched your live stream a few times