Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eac Compression Options With Ext. Lame (Read 4574 times) previous topic - next topic

Eac Compression Options With Ext. Lame

How does EAC format the command-line when using an external LAME encoder? I have specified in EAC under "additional command line options" --alt-preset standard
However, the resulting file has a different number of bytes than when I use LAME on the command-line (or with a frontend) using only the --alt-preset standard option. I did not specify adding CRC info or an ID3 tag in EAC so I could do a proper comparison. Is EAC passing other options to LAME that I do not know about? How can I make the resulting file identical to using LAME with the command-line, which I prefer because I know exactly what it is doing.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

--Rizban

Reply #1
Choose the use _external_ _encoder_ and type in whatever commandline you like.
Maybe you should check out an EAC tutorial also.

Johan

Reply #2
Don't forget the %s %d at the end of the command line. People seem to forget that all the time and wonder why their encoding doesn't work.

Reply #3
Thanks for the tips. I looked at the tutorial and got it figured out.

Reply #4
Don't forget the %s %d at the end of the command line. People seem to forget that all the time and wonder why their encoding doesn't work.

what does this do? why should you put these at teh end of the command line in EAC?

Reply #5

what does this do? why should you put these at teh end of the command line in EAC?

%s: Source file
%d: Destination file

(next time please RTFM) 

Reply #6

%s: Source file
%d: Destination file

(next time please RTFM) 

sorry but what does RTFM mean?

and could someone provide a clearer explanation of %s %d in teh command line?

sorry for newbie questions!

Reply #7
sorry but what does RTFM mean?

Read teh f*king manual.

and could someone provide a clearer explanation of %s %d in teh command line?

EAC replaces those with file names when calling external encoder. Without them encoders wouldn't know which file to compress and wouldn't do anything.