Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Software for conducting listening tests (Read 3470 times) previous topic - next topic

Software for conducting listening tests

I have scoured the web for a good software package to conduct some listening tests, but I haven't been able to find anything that fits my needs.  (ie- none of the programs listed at pcabx.com seem to fit)

I'm looking for something that will let me input several pairs of files.  I'd like to let the listener compare each pair and either grade them (0-5) or pick one over the other.  The software would then ideally move on to the next pair and let the listener judge each of the new sounds.

Does anyone know of any software that will do this for me?

Thanks,
Jon

Software for conducting listening tests

Reply #1
Closest you can get with existing software is ABC/HR. For details/links see the listening tests / ABX section in the FAQ.

AFAIK there are no listening test tools that accept commandline arguments to load .wav files directly or some kind of test config files, otherwise you'd be able to do what you want using some scritps.

If you tell some more details about what you're planning to do, maybe someone can provide some alternative ideas...
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello