Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Beatles - now on iTunes (Read 4901 times) previous topic - next topic

The Beatles - now on iTunes

Reply #1
I've lost count of the number of times someone has said something like "The Beatles are finally available DIGITALLY".

I suppose we can now dump all those old analogue CDs?

Seriously, it's an interesting thing about language that words change their meaning. We're watching the word digital stop meaning "represented as numbers", and start meaning "new technology" and/or "part of the web 2.0 economy".

I guess it's no worse that people marketing cassette tapes and headphones as "digital" in the 1980s.

I am officially turning into a grumpy old man!

Cheers,
David.

Reply #2
well regarding Beatles on iTunes specifically, I couldn't still seem to download the covers through iTunes. Of course, I didn't buy them on iTunes, but it's worked with all other albums.

Reply #3
I think they waited too long to profit from a move...those who really wanted the music, already have the cds...1987 or the recent releases.
foobar2000, FLAC, and qAAC -V90
It just works people!

Reply #4
I suppose this is only a big deal if you want just a few tracks. But if you want an album or the box set, why bother? They've been available on cd at a cheaper price, with fancy packaging plus you can rip to any format you like and have the luxury of a physical backup.

Reply #5
Well, the Beatles giving in despite trying to sue Apple into oblivion for various outlandish lawsuits like "they stole our logo" which looks like a completely different Apple, and "they are violating our contract by selling music" when infact they just can't legally MAKE music, whatever other things we'll never know about, I can't say I'm caring

Reply #6
I suppose this is only a big deal if you want just a few tracks. But if you want an album or the box set, why bother? They've been available on cd at a cheaper price, with fancy packaging plus you can rip to any format you like and have the luxury of a physical backup.

not to mention the limited edition on usb apple with full remastered discography in 24 bit flac!