Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT 2 Released (Read 1265107 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1800
EAC V1.0 beta2 is out now for several months. Any chance REACT2 gets updated to work with the latest version of EAC?
I am still happily using my prebeta5 from over 2 years ago, but some of the new EAC features look appealing to me like for example:

+ Cover support, can be drag’n'dropped from a file, a web page oder can be retrieved via a metadata plugin (support included in the freedb plugin). Cover can be written into tags or in the extraction directory
+ AccurateRip v2 support
+ Better Windows 7 support (like progress display in taskbar icon, storage of user data in the correct folders, etc.)
+ Option to always write the log file in english language

I know it's a lot of work to adapt REACT2 every time, but since EAC's update cycle is somewhat between 6 months and a year, it might still make sense to have the latest version working and not be forced to use a 2 year old pre-beta. Especially for people starting to use EAC only recently it make sense to be able to not have to download an outdated version.

Before any misunderstandings arise: I am glad that REACT2 exists at all. I am just curious if I should be watching out for an REACT2 upgrade in the foreseeable future. Thanks.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1801
EAC V1.0 beta2 is out now for several months. Any chance REACT2 gets updated to work with the latest version of EAC?
I am still happily using my prebeta5 from over 2 years ago, but some of the new EAC features look appealing to me like for example:

I believe that this program has been abandoned by Akkurat. Hr hasn't done anything since EAC1 was first released, but is still active on HA complaining about CueTools.
Glass half full!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1802
+ Cover support, can be drag’n'dropped from a file, a web page oder can be retrieved via a metadata plugin (support included in the freedb plugin). Cover can be written into tags or in the extraction directory

I think that the Album Art Downloader XUI, which works with REACT, is far superior of getting cover art. And it (combination of XUI & REACT) writes cover art to tags and/or to the folder.

+ AccurateRip v2 support

Can be used with current REACT with CUETools. You need to edit the configs a bit but it works (I've had that for ages in my custom REACT script). I agree that it would be better to have it in the EAC itself. But you're not missing anything now.

I am just curious if I should be watching out for an REACT2 upgrade in the foreseeable future.

Last time I hinted that I could have time to tinker with REACT in the summer, but after my house move in the beginning of the year, my life has changed somewhat and I do not have the same time available for my computer hobby anymore as I did earlier. That said, I have NOT abandoned REACT, I really WANT to make the next version. All I can say now is that it's in the future. Not in this fall (at least not releasing anything.. I might slowly do something in the background). So don't wait up, but don't lose faith either.

I believe that this program has been abandoned by Akkurat. Hr hasn't done anything since EAC1 was first released, but is still active on HA complaining about CueTools.

And your wild belief came from where? I don't exactly know who you are referring to with the "Hr", but I can say that my last post to the CUETools topic was last year, on Nov 8 2010, in comparison to my last post here in this topic on Jun 19 2011 helping an user configuring REACT. Maybe it's just me but you post smells a bit negative and purposeful.

EDIT: Lately I have been active in the Album Art Downloader XUI topic, posting suggestions for scripts (around 10 new scripts) which I intended to do myself at some point but finally gave up (I've to cut down my computer hobbies drastically, life is somewhere else.. though I enjoy tinkering with computer related stuff) and decided to post them so all can enjoy more good cover art sources.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1803
How do i uninstall REACT? There's no uninstaller

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1804
Just delete the folder where you installed it & delete the REACT shortcut from the Windows start menu. That's all.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1805
+ AccurateRip v2 support

Can be used with current REACT with CUETools. You need to edit the configs a bit but it works (I've had that for ages in my custom REACT script). I agree that it would be better to have it in the EAC itself. But you're not missing anything now.

Where can I find out more on how to do this?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1806
I think that the Album Art Downloader XUI, which works with REACT, is far superior of getting cover art. And it (combination of XUI & REACT) writes cover art to tags and/or to the folder.

Ok, I can live with that. :-)

AccurateRip V2 can be used with current REACT with CUETools. You need to edit the configs a bit but it works (I've had that for ages in my custom REACT script). I agree that it would be better to have it in the EAC itself. But you're not missing anything now.

Well, I am not sure, but that sounds like quite some effort for a 2nd best solution. Since AccurateRip v2 is now natively supported by EAC, I would rather use that one. And V1 does have some issues.

Last time I hinted that I could have time to tinker with REACT in the summer, but after my house move in the beginning of the year, my life has changed somewhat and I do not have the same time available for my computer hobby anymore as I did earlier. That said, I have NOT abandoned REACT, I really WANT to make the next version. All I can say now is that it's in the future. Not in this fall (at least not releasing anything.. I might slowly do something in the background). So don't wait up, but don't lose faith either.

Ok, that's all I wanted to hear. :-) It would be great to have REACT up to date to work with the latest EAC.
Since Andre, the author of EAC, also takes his time updating EAC, I think it's worth the effort to make the necessary amendments to the REACT script, because it won't be invalidated too quickly by the next EAC release.

Anyhow thanks for your effort and I hope your private situation will allow for more computer tinkering in the near future. ;-)

Tronar

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1807
What's the advantage of having REAC anyway over EAC?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1808
The wiki page linked from the initial post is a good start; here’s an excerpt:
[REACT is] an interim application that provides a scripting facility to call multiple encoders or pre-/post-encoding applications to process the WAVE files created by EAC, or the files created by the script itself. In short, REACT allows you to run multiple tasks on the audio extracted, instead of only one.

REACT is designed to work only with whole album extraction/ripping.

REACT integrates with Exact Audio Copy, adding some hotkeys combinations to access often used functions more quickly. It will also alter the default name for image files according to your INI settings, and close the extraction dialogue in order for the logfile to be created and used from within your script. It can auto-configure EAC, updating the external compression options so that EAC is ready to run REACT immediately. This feature is extremely useful for novice users.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1809
Hi Akkurat

... I have NOT abandoned REACT, I really WANT to make the next version. All I can say now is that it's in the future. Not in this fall (at least not releasing anything.. I might slowly do something in the background). So don't wait up, but don't lose faith either.

That's great to hear.  Hope you find some spare time soon to work on REACT2.

Look forward to seeing the next version.

Regards
Roland

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1810
Okay, so I'm generally not this stupid, but I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Please forgive me for not reading through 70+ pages of posts, but I'm at the point where I'm going to break stuff!

I'm running Windows Vista.  I have installed both EAC 99 prebeta 5 & react2 & Akkurat's mod package. I have followed the instructions from the React 2, EAC plug in post.

I can get EAC to rip (my legal) CD's to my hard drive, but I cannot figure out how to get React2 to also rip mp3's.  I keep getting wav files instead.  I tried playing with the ini file, but it did not help.  I've got the EAC in it's own folder and React2 in it's own folder - should they be combined?  I know that you need to add the react.exe to the EAC folder, but I don't know if all files should be there or just that one.

Ready to tear my hair out and I'm sure it's something very simple.

Also, when my flac is ripped, my computer shows it as a mp3 file type in the type column in the music folder - is that normal?  It would not play until I installed a flac player, but I don't want to go through ripping my media collection to find out I've screwed something up.

My next question is, when mp3's are ripped, is all data taken from the original cd, or do I have to make changes to the information I want attached to it.  I know with EAC, you can customize how the tracks are ripped and that they do not hold too much information.  Basically, I would like to see the rips from EAC + React2 extracted like you would get when you rip a cd to your computer via windows media player, but again, not sure how to do this either - although I admit that I haven't gotten that far on this as I can't get mp3's to begin with.  And do both flac and mp3's rip to the same folder (when you get it working that is)?

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1811
Okay, so I'm generally not this stupid, but I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Please forgive me for not reading through 70+ pages of posts, but I'm at the point where I'm going to break stuff!

I'm running Windows Vista.  I have installed both EAC 99 prebeta 5 & react2 & Akkurat's mod package. I have followed the instructions from the React 2, EAC plug in post.

I can get EAC to rip (my legal) CD's to my hard drive, but I cannot figure out how to get React2 to also rip mp3's.  I keep getting wav files instead.  I tried playing with the ini file, but it did not help.  I've got the EAC in it's own folder and React2 in it's own folder - should they be combined?  I know that you need to add the react.exe to the EAC folder, but I don't know if all files should be there or just that one.

Ready to tear my hair out and I'm sure it's something very simple.

Also, when my flac is ripped, my computer shows it as a mp3 file type in the type column in the music folder - is that normal?  It would not play until I installed a flac player, but I don't want to go through ripping my media collection to find out I've screwed something up.

My next question is, when mp3's are ripped, is all data taken from the original cd, or do I have to make changes to the information I want attached to it.  I know with EAC, you can customize how the tracks are ripped and that they do not hold too much information.  Basically, I would like to see the rips from EAC + React2 extracted like you would get when you rip a cd to your computer via windows media player, but again, not sure how to do this either - although I admit that I haven't gotten that far on this as I can't get mp3's to begin with.  And do both flac and mp3's rip to the same folder (when you get it working that is)?

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!![/s]

Okay, I've figured out that it is working.  However, I notice that the mp3's rip at 128 bit rate.  How do I change this?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1812
Please ignore previous post where I thought I had it working.

I have not been able to get EAC & React2 to work together.

Any suggestions on a software that would allow me to back-up my cd's to electronic files and mp3's without me wanting to punch a hole through a wall?  Free of paid does not matter at this point.

Unless of course someone is willing to try to help me out.

Thank you!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1813

This project appears to be a dead project, as no one is working on it. There are a number of issues with REACT2 and the latest EAC.  I now convert to flac with EAC and than use CueTools to batch convert to mp3. If you havent looked at CueTools, you should as it does so much more. It will even run you old flacs through AccurateRip and it own DB. It can even correct small errors on flac images. Look here:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66233

http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools

Your only other choice is to use react2 with an older version of EAC.

Glass half full!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1814
Thank your for your reply bilbo.  I greatly appreciate it as I have been messing with this for at least 4 days now.

I did actually download the 99 prebeta 5 version of EAC, with React2 and Akkurat's mod package.  However, I'm guessing that there is just too much to "play" around with.

I do hope you can answer this question for me.  When converting CD's to flac in EAC, do you usually not all the information as you would see when you rip (name, artist, album, etc.)?  Right now I'm just getting information under the name column.  Is this normal or do I have to modify some settings?

Also, I'm assuming that the CueTools does not work with EAC simultaneously, but separately.  That is fine if I can get them to work.

Lastly, I'm guessing that if I go the EAC & CueTools route, I should get the most recent EAC?

Again, I really appreciate your help!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1815
Goto EAC/EAC options/General and make sure that "On unknown CD's" is checked and "automatically access online metadata database"  is checked. This will update the fields when you load the CD. It can also be done manually if you wanted to do so.
Glass half full!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1816
REACT works great on eac-0.99pb5.

I am tried to get it work on eac-1.0beta3.

Additional command-line options: REACT %original% %source% %dest% "%artist%" "%albumtitle%" "%title%" "%tracknr%" "%numtracks%" "%year%" "%genre%" "%comment%" "%cddbid%" "%trackcrc%" %bitrate%

And i am modified .au3 new registery key places.

Everything other works fine, but:

- Album Art Downloader use Album name as Artist name and 1 as Album name
- I have to rename *albumname*.cue -> 1.cue
- Music files are just ok but without albumart

Can anyone help?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1817
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help with character replacement using 2.0.akku.b04 with EAC v0.99 prebeta 5.

I am looking to replace any parenthesis ( ) with a left [ or right ] bracket as part of the scripting process. I'd prefer not to manually edit the data in the EAC window as that will be cumbersome and I may miss some.

What file(s) should I edit to accomplish this?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1818
Hi
I have been using REACT2 for several years now, but I have just had to change my file naming convention due to a filename limit on my Sonos. Anyway I have managed to change the filenames, but of course all the playlists in each folder are now incorrect.

I have looked at the code in the REACT-image.cfg and can see that Tag.exe was used to create the playlist. This is the code:

Code: [Select]
IF @CreatePlaylist@==1 @tools@\tag.exe --playlist --sort track --plname "$artist$ - $album$.m3u" *.flac

I am therefore trying to create a batch file using Tag to go through all the folders recursively. I have the following code

Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\REACT2\Tools\tag.exe" "S:\FLAC\*\*\*.flac" --recursive --playlist --sort track --plname "artist - album.m3u" --overwrite

I have three problems
1. I cant seem to get it to name the playlist ArtistName - AlbumTitle - it just treats the above as text and names the file artist - album.m3u. How do I get the filename correct?
2. In the playlist it has created I am missing lines 2 and 3 for #EXTART and #EXTALB which I have in the existing playlists. Why are these not there - is there a parameter I am missing (although its not in my REACT-image.cfg file)?
3. Also the #EXTINF line for each track is putting in the filename (without the extension) after the track time instead of Artist - TrackTitle, which is what the existing playlists show

Any help would be appreciated to unravel this. Thanks

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1819
REACT works great on eac-0.99pb5.

I am tried to get it work on eac-1.0beta3.

Additional command-line options: REACT %original% %source% %dest% "%artist%" "%albumtitle%" "%title%" "%tracknr%" "%numtracks%" "%year%" "%genre%" "%comment%" "%cddbid%" "%trackcrc%" %bitrate%

And i am modified .au3 new registery key places.

Everything other works fine, but:

- Album Art Downloader use Album name as Artist name and 1 as Album name
- I have to rename *albumname*.cue -> 1.cue
- Music files are just ok but without albumart

Can anyone help?
Would you be able to post a copy here?  I could then have a fiddle on the weekend and see if I can find out whats going wrong.  Which OS are you using?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1820
Hi, im new in this forum.
i hope this is the correct way to make a question.

Is it possible to run react with windows 7 64 Bit ?
I have spent some day in trying it but i have some problems.

Kind regards Martin

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1821
Hi, im new in this forum.
i hope this is the correct way to make a question.

Is it possible to run react with windows 7 64 Bit ?
I have spent some day in trying it but i have some problems.

Kind regards Martin

It is running OK on my install.  What problems are you having?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1822

This project appears to be a dead project, as no one is working on it. There are a number of issues with REACT2 and the latest EAC.  I now convert to flac with EAC and than use CueTools to batch convert to mp3. If you havent looked at CueTools, you should as it does so much more. It will even run you old flacs through AccurateRip and it own DB. It can even correct small errors on flac images. Look here:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66233

http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools

Your only other choice is to use react2 with an older version of EAC.

I am afraid, I have to agree. I just upgraded my system from Windows Vista (couldn't bear the s%$t anymore that OS gave me and even IE suddenly stopped working, although I never ever installed any dubious software nor any Browser Toolbars or anything like that. Shutting down the computer sometimes went totally smooth and at other times took like 5 minutes) to Windows 7. So far and after some funny struggles getting the soundcard to work (Soundblaster did a job there, too) I am now ready to set up my CD-Ripping environment again, that worked so great in the past on my Vista and my XP system.

But I really don't want to install such an old version of EAC again, especially since EAC has moved to 1.0b3 now. But losing the easiness and full-automatization of REACT isn't really something I look forward too. I would also like to avoid having to browse through thousands of configuration options and settings, until everything works again as I liked it before.

I've taken a look at cuetools, but it looks like an independent program to me (and not an automatization-script), so I guess I would have to use EAC to rip one big WAVE-File with the corresponding cuesheet (which of the 4 BTW?) and then process the result with cuetools to get single FLACs and MP3s. I guess this will be a reading- and configuration-orgy just to get the filename-output back to my standards and the coverart-jpg automatically included in the music-files.

But over 1 1/2 years later since Akkurat's last reply (see the top of this page) that he has not abandonded the REACT project, but without any visible progress either, I guess wishing for an update to his REACT script to get it to work with EAC 1.0b3 is probably also futile. Especially since he talked about using cuetools now as well.

Any suggestions what I should do now?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1824
What is wrong with this picture?

Everyone: Stop doing this. It is not an arduous task to either spend a few seconds deleting the quote, or reply by one of the several methods that does not automatically include it. Stop it.