Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [OFF-TOPIC NECROMANCY] From Topic ID: 67905 (Read 1376 times) previous topic - next topic

[OFF-TOPIC NECROMANCY] From Topic ID: 67905

Digging out the thread... anyone else wants to chime in?
How does a DAP with a line out compare to a CDP or a DAC for critical listening?
I have the s:flo2 whose line out is very good (some people say as good as the ipod, some others even say as good as the imod...).
It's also as powerful as the RCA output on my home CDP which is pretty impressive I guess.
According to the RMAA test I performed the response is flat all the way.
Listening to the DAP through my Stax rig I really can't complain about sound quality. Plenty of deep bass, good stereo separation & amount of detail...
I even did a funny comparison: listening to my CDP on one channel and to the DAP on the other one (with the same track, volume matched). I couldn't tell which one was the DAP  But this is a an entry-level CDP so I have no idea how the DAP would compete against audiophile stuff.

Reply #1
Digging out the thread... anyone else wants to chime in?
How does a DAP with a line out compare to a CDP or a DAC for critical listening?
I have the s:flo2 whose line out is very good (some people say as good as the ipod, some others even say as good as the imod...).
It's also as powerful as the RCA output on my home CDP which is pretty impressive I guess.
According to the RMAA test I performed the response is flat all the way.
Listening to the DAP through my Stax rig I really can't complain about sound quality. Plenty of deep bass, good stereo separation & amount of detail...
I even did a funny comparison: listening to my CDP on one channel and to the DAP on the other one (with the same track, volume matched). I couldn't tell which one was the DAP  But this is a an entry-level CDP so I have no idea how the DAP would compete against audiophile stuff.

Surely better to start a new thread seeing as you're not asking what the original post was about?

Reply #2
Surely better to start a new thread seeing as you're not asking what the original post was about?

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know, i think it's more or less the same question (DAP line out versus CDP). Assuming the s:flo is probably similar to the ipod.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021