Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plextools/EAC Findings (Read 3667 times) previous topic - next topic

Plextools/EAC Findings

Once again EAC failed while Plextools detected & recovered errors

Drive: PX-W2410A

Settings in EAC;

Read mode : Secure with C2, accurate stream, disable cache
&
Read mode : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache

CRC mismatch in both methods.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Settings in Plextools
-Advanced error detection enabled, read retry count set to : 99
-Maximum errors : unlimited
-Allow Speed Down : yes
Read Error Recovery Strategy : 5. Recover the best bytes (least errors) per sector.

Plextools claimed all errors recovered.

I extracted the file twice with Plextools & wav compare showed no differences in the two wav files.

Logs

Plextools/EAC Findings

Reply #1
aww man, hope plextools solves this soon...

Plextools/EAC Findings

Reply #2
aww man, hope plextools solves this soon...

There's nothing to solve for PlexTools, it was EAC that failed this test.

westgroveg:
If you still have the CD try extracting it with forced 4x read speed in EAC, error correction works much better with lower speed.

Plextools/EAC Findings

Reply #3
...error correction works much better with lower speed.

How come this is the first I'm hearing this claim?  Have there been any tests done to support this comment?  If so, I'm interested in reading the results.  I'm off to do some searching....

DD

Plextools/EAC Findings

Reply #4
Have there been any tests done to support this comment?  If so, I'm interested in reading the results.

Not exactly a test, but ...

I've ripped a CDS 200 copy protected CD (Herbert Grönemeyer - Mensch) with my Plexwriter 121032A. At full speed EAC produced a several-100s-samples-gap of digital silence in the 1st track (secure mode, no matter if C2 on or off), Plextools the same (all settings I tried) - only the lenght of the gap was different. At 4x speed (EAC, C2 off) the gap was gone.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Plextools/EAC Findings

Reply #5
If you still have the CD try extracting it with forced 4x read speed in EAC, error correction works much better with lower speed.

Sorry Case, I don't have the CD anymore.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021