Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The best way to convert DVD(MPEG2) to H.264 (Read 4649 times) previous topic - next topic

The best way to convert DVD(MPEG2) to H.264

Hi all,
I used to use Nero Recode... This is a simple tool without many advanced settings, is there some other, more "correct" way? I do not want to go too deep into this, I just want to make a good quality rip without a lot of hard work...

Reply #1
I do not want to go too deep into this, I just want to make a good quality rip without a lot of hard work

stick with nero way then.

you may also try; megui, staxrip

(megui is not really for beginners)

megui wiki
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/Guides/Basic_Guide
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
Thanks.
I guess, I'll stick to Recode then. I've read that it provides decent quality and I know all its settings already.

Reply #3
sure it does, x264 might get you sligtly better quality this days (at an expense of a lot of experimenting and reading), however i suggest you do a comparision on few of your favorite encoding type of videos.

some of my experiments are here;
http://somestuff.org/flashAVC/flvplayer.php
(flv files are usually vp6, mp4 files are usually x264)
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021