Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Old Plextor with new PlexTools? (Read 3947 times) previous topic - next topic

Old Plextor with new PlexTools?

I wonder if an old PX-W2410TA and/or a PX-W1610TA will work with PlexTools Professional XL v3.13. I just want to use PlexTools for ripping my CDs. Also, I've heard that the C2 error correction wasn't very good with the earlier models. Is this correct?

Reply #1
I've got a 40/12/40A. I can confirm that it works with Plextools.
The C2 quality and DAE quality is excellent and better than my 716A.

My search for a perfect drive for DAE has ended when I got my 40/12/40A.
PX-W2410TA's and PX-W1610TA's DAE should be equal in quality if I'm not seriously mistaken.

Reply #2
I've got a 40/12/40A. I can confirm that it works with Plextools.
The C2 quality and DAE quality is excellent and better than my 716A.

My search for a perfect drive for DAE has ended when I got my 40/12/40A.
PX-W2410TA's and PX-W1610TA's DAE should be equal in quality if I'm not seriously mistaken.
Thanks, sound promising. Can anyone else confirm this? Perhaps someone with a PX-W2410TA.

Reply #3
Once upon a time I considered buying the software. Looking it up (probably on the Plextor site but I don’t remember now) I found that Plextools was listed as not working with a fair number of Plextor drives, some of them current (at that time). Checking what Plextor says about the drives vs software is probably a safe bet.

I’ve had two Plextor drives. Both came with some utilities, one being a DAE tool (Audio Capture 2000). While it doesn’t give any feedback about errors, it does allow you to set the amount of error correction it will do while extracting. I’ve always used it at 100%. While this program is faster than EAC, the comparisons I’ve done against extractions of the same tracks by EAC , running in secure mode, have been a 100% bit for bit match.

Did the drives not come with some DAE utility?

Reply #4
Checking what Plextor says about the drives vs software is probably a safe bet.
I've been trying to get ahold of them via e-mail about purchasing PlexTools if it works with these drives, they are not responding.

I’ve had two Plextor drives. Both came with some utilities, one being a DAE tool (Audio Capture 2000). While it doesn’t give any feedback about errors, it does allow you to set the amount of error correction it will do while extracting. I’ve always used it at 100%. While this program is faster than EAC, the comparisons I’ve done against extractions of the same tracks by EAC , running in secure mode, have been a 100% bit for bit match.

Did the drives not come with some DAE utility?
Can't speak for the PX-W1610TA, found it in a dump. I bought the PX-W2410TA many years ago and it did come with some sort of software, but I'm afraid that CD got lost along the way...  I have no computer to mount it in at the time. If it works with any of these drives I will build an audio extraction puter from old parts. Right now my only up and running computers are a Mac Mini and a MacBook. Needless to say, none of these machines are equipped with Plextor drives.

Reply #5
Is there any difference in the DAE capabilities/performance between the following drives?

16/10/40
24/10/40
40/10/40