Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD/DVD-ROM (Read 2652 times) previous topic - next topic

CD/DVD-ROM

Please help me to choose CD/DVD-ROM for CDDA grabbing (with secure mode, capability of retrieving C2 error info, overreading into Lead-in and Lead-out). I own CD-ROM ASUS (CD-S520A) and DVD_ROM TEAC (DV-W516GB), but they are not suit me (can't overreading into Lead-in and Lead-out and they are not good enough when I try to grab scratched CD). What about ASUS DRW1814?

CD/DVD-ROM

Reply #1
DV-W516GB is a crappy lite-on. No wonder you're not satisfied with it.

I was impressed with error recovery (correction and concealment) of the Plextor PX-760A. Performed better than two NECs I also own. But I'm afraid any device you became to know well is already discontinued.

CD/DVD-ROM

Reply #2
Does any-one tried ASUS DRW1814? I'd buy an old drive, which is already discontinued ;-), if it's good. (I heard that new Pioneers, (and maybe NECs) can't retrieve C2 errors info...).

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021