Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with ripping (Read 1535 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with ripping

Hello,

There are some CDs/CD-Rs I try to rip on my computer (in wav or mp3 format) that give me 3 or 4 tracks with errors (the X1 code with CdEx for example), where there is a fraction of the song that is missing. But if I try to to rip the very same CD with another computer I'm using at work, it rips fine, with no errors at all.

I changed the ASPI drivers from 4.71.1 to 4.60 on my home computer, checked if DMA was enabled and it didn't change anything, the same problem happens with some CDs.

Could the problem be that my CD/DVD writer is going down, after just 1 year of use? It still burns CDs and DVDs fine. The problem is just with ripping. It's a LG 4167B.

Anyone has any idea to solve my problem?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. It doesn't seem to be a software problem cause the errors happen when I'm using CdEx (1.51 or 1.70 Beta2), or Audiograbber 1.83 or Exact Audio Copy.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021