Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eac V0.9 Beta 4 Profile Problems... (Read 2825 times) previous topic - next topic

Eac V0.9 Beta 4 Profile Problems...

EAC v0.9 Beta 4 problem: I have not so nice problems with EAC. I can't save profiles as I should (at least so I think) be able to.

Example: I configure EAC Completely using a fresh install. The last thing I do is the compression options. I configure the external program for compression to the Musepack encoder. Then I press OK and then press SHIFT + F2. I save this profile as "Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A (PiMP-Style MPC).CFG". I then go to compression options again and set user defined encoder to FLAC. I also change the "additional command line options" exactly as I did with MPC. I press ok and do SHIFT + F2. This time i save the file as "Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A (PiMP-Style FLAC).CFG". Then I go back to the first saved profile (or at least try to), by opening "Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A (PiMP-Style MPC).CFG" again through the drop-down menu in the base of EAC. Now I check the compression options, and they're set for FLAC. The FLAC Profile has is in both .CFG's. What do I do wrong?

Short explanation: It's like opening blah1.txt in notepad then resave it as blah2.txt, then open blah1.txt and it features what i saved in blah2.txt.

Reply #1
Have you tried making your changes and then changing the current profile in the combo box at the bottom of the EAC window? That will force a save. Those are awfully long file names, too. Maybe there's a problem there.

Xenno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #2
Have you tried making your changes and then changing the current profile in the combo box at the bottom of the EAC window? That will force a save. Those are awfully long file names, too. Maybe there's a problem there.

Xenno

I'll try those things when I get home later on today.  Thanks for the reply.