Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using EAC to rip audio CDs into FLAC (Read 3205 times) previous topic - next topic

Using EAC to rip audio CDs into FLAC

'lo,

I'm trying to use EAC to rip my CDs into FLAC, but am unsure what command line options to use. On the FLAC website, it says to see http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/EAC/index.html for information on using FLAC with EAC, but the link is dead,

If if anyone can recommend what command line options to use, I'd very much appreciate it.

Rob

Reply #1
Try here!

Reply #2
You can also try my 0.0.1 version of Flac ripping guide. Full EAC screenshots are posted, just the text needs to be written.

It can be found here (Calufraxis' EAC + FLAC Guide).

If you have further questions, just let us know. A good search of these forums will provide so much information..

Later,
Cal.

Reply #3
Many thanks for the replies, would never have thought of looking on the musepack forum!

Calufraxis: I'm unable to get your site to load; is this just my internet connection?

Rob

Reply #4
No, me too.
be different like everyone else

Reply #5
Calufraxis,

The settings in your guide will write ID3v2 tags to FLAC. That's generally not advisable unless you have a player that can't read FLAC tags (I think the phatbox needs ID3v2 tags on FLAC).

Reply #6
Hmmm..Site seems to load ok from different machines on different networks. There have been some DNS issues with the provider, but I think they are now fixed. You might try connecting a few times in a row.

As far as the ID3V2 tags, I do have some software that isn't flac friendly and that is why it is there. But you have a good point. I'll make a note of that on the site.

As soon as I start this tell a few people about it and people start using, I immediately don't have the time to make it useful. I apologize for releasing unfinished work. Hopefully it will become useful over time.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope to find a few seconds today to update the site.

Later,
Cal.

Reply #7
I updated the site with correct screenshots and a couple of comments. More to follow soon.

Later,
Cal.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021