Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a way to redirect Foobar2000 error messages to a file? (Read 849 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a way to redirect Foobar2000 error messages to a file?

Hi,

When you open a corrupted MIDI file in Foobar2000, the program displays a playback error message that you can see in a dialog box. Is there a way to redirect that error message with the name of the corrupted file to a text file instead of the dialog box?

Re: Is there a way to redirect Foobar2000 error messages to a file?

Reply #1
X
On preferences>advanced>playback
and
on main toolbar>View>console
X

Reply #2
Boy Oh boy! Fabcore you're the boss! You have no idea, excellent.

Reply #3
@Fabcore I can't find the save to text option in Advanced/Playback. Sorry, I'm blind and can't see any screenshots. Could you write down the exact path? Unless it's the setting ...
Show error message popups 
Thanks in advance :)

Reply #4
I can't find the save to text option in Advanced/Playback.
That part is not in Preferences, but select View -> Console (tap Alt and then hit v and c!)

The "Show error message popups" is under Preferences -> Advanced. You can write "popup" into the search field at the top and you will find it.