Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trimming FLAC to eliminate Much Dead Space at End of Files (Read 1773 times) previous topic - next topic

Trimming FLAC to eliminate Much Dead Space at End of Files

I have a number of FLAC files, some up to 1 GB and over, that have dead space in the end. By "Dead" I mean that I was recording music in WAV, converted to FLAC, and then realized that much of the end of the files contains no music. Meaning it kept recording, but there is silence, or virtual silence (many, many DB down from the intended recording from the beginning).

Is there an automated way to take such files that are, say, 800 megs, with say 300 megs at the end with virtually nothing on it, and strip out those virtually silent portions at the end, for all files in a directory?

Note: Most of these were recorded at 24/96 originally in WAV

Thanks.

Re: Trimming FLAC to eliminate Much Dead Space at End of Files

Reply #2
Looks promising. I'll check. Thank you!