Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC-play button. No sound from speakers. (Read 2147 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC-play button. No sound from speakers.

I'm trying to use the play button in EAC to preview tracks.  For some reason I can't get any sound from my speakers.  I checked various settings in WinXP and nothing is muted or all the way down. Windows sounds play fine and and speakers play music from Media Jukebox and WMP9.

I checked various soundcard settings and can't find anything wrong.  Also, I know the song is playing because I can plug in headphones to CD-RW drive and hear it.  Is there something in EAC that needs to be selected?  I'd rather listen with the speakers on.

Reply #1
It seems that your CD drive isn't connected to your sound card through the analogue audio cable.

Reply #2
You can check 'Use alternate CD play routines' in EAC->EAC Options
to use digital extraction for CD preview.
ruxvilti'a

Reply #3
Thanks AstralStorm.  Checking the box under the General tab did the trick.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021