Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn errors in Windows 10 64 bit (Read 10867 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn errors in Windows 10 64 bit

Hello ,
I am getting errors in Burrrn using Windows 10 64 bit .
Using a non - compliant EAC cue file for flacs .
firstPlease try to use the 'generic-mmc-raw' driver. :Spoiler (click to show/hide)
then Settings > Raw Driver _On_
gives another sense code / mode error :Spoiler (click to show/hide)
finally turn OFF the Raw Driver
and burns without CD text :Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is fairly consistanly reproducable . : (
V for Vote

Re: Burrrn errors in Windows 10 64 bit

Reply #1
What kind (codec/wordlength/sample rate/#channels) of files are you trying to burn?

Reply #2
What kind (codec/wordlength/sample rate/#channels) of files are you trying to burn?
Using a non - compliant EAC cue file for flacs
that I edited to replace wav" WAVE with flac" FLAC .
Mr.Questionman gives for one of the songs:
Code: [Select]
Type 	Size 	 Length 	 Ratio 	 Bitrate 	 Encoder Info 	 Sample Rate 	 Channels 	Bits Per Sample
FLAC 31.57 MB 04:25 70.81% 999 kbps reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917 44100 2 16
V for Vote

Reply #3
I guess Burrrn can't handle a "non - compliant EAC cue file".  Why not use EAC to burn the disc?

Reply #4
Burrrn does handle EAC 's non compliant cue sheet ; it has done so for years . I used it in Winds XP , & 7 , now it is starting to produce errors in 10 . Unfortunately , it is no longer developed . The last version was in 2010 , and now the website is even gone . : (
V for Vote

Reply #5
I only use Burrrn with drag & drop under Win10 x64 but this works fine with SPTI and CD-text. I once added a wnaspi32.dll from Nero into the Burrrn folder. Maybe that's why it works!?
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #6
I only use Burrrn with drag & drop under Win10 x64 but this works fine with SPTI and CD-text. I once added a wnaspi32.dll from Nero into the Burrrn folder. Maybe that's why it works!?
Thanks will try that ;
where can I find "wnaspi32.dll from Nero" ?
V for Vote

Reply #8
Thanks Surfi. When i remember right it is on their ftp a long time aleady. Mine has a date of 2007. This must be its download date and is the same file version as the recent dll.

Reply #10
The last version was in 2010 , and now the website is even gone .
Actually the last version of Burrrn is 1.1.4.0 beta2 which has been released in 2005, so more than a decade has passed since the last active development.

I strongly suggest to check out ImgBurn. The latest official release is from 2013. It is very light in size (~3 MB) yet powerful offering a lot of features, including but not requiring the ability to set up your Burn device in great detail, very good control over the Burn process and offering an Easy Mode for beginners. ImgBurn outperforms the competition including Nero, and it is free of charge. Screenshots of ImgBurn.

Reply #11
I strongly suggest to check out ImgBurn
While ImgBurn is very good, we miss/love Burrrn for its audio features like support for various audio format, outstanding replay-gain support (like apply track/album gain, apply additional gain) which are (correct me if I'm wrong) second to none...

Reply #12
Since the OP does not burn many CDs lately and has no CD-RW at hand we should wait...

Reply #13
While ImgBurn is very good, we miss/love Burrrn for its audio features like support for various audio format[..]

Quote from ImgBurn's main page:
It can burn Audio CD's from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM - including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.

Burrrn offered ReplayGain support by providing a graphical interface for a third party console application named WaveGain which was included with the distribution. So this functionality appears to be reproducible by either using WaveGain or a similar external application, there is just no graphical interface for such a service available in ImgBurn (yet).

Reply #14
Sorry to bump up an old post but where can I download Burrrn these days?

Reply #16
Hello!
I was getting the same error with Burrrn as the OP, on my Windows 10 64 bit system, after years of using Burrrn on systems ranging from Win XP on.
Thanks to this thread, I was able to resolve it.
The CD text shows up when I play the CD in any CD player, though it does not show title and track names in Windows Explorer. I don't really care about that anyway.

To clarify, for future Burrrn users who may have the same issue and stumble upon this thread, this is what worked for me.

* Set Burrrn to run in Win 7 compatibility mode.
* Download and copy the wnaspi32.dll to the Burrrn installation folder.
* Only CD-TEXT and SPTI checked in Burrrn settings (Ensure "Raw Driver" is unchecked.)

Thanks everybody!
Ocarina