Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Running CueRipper on PlayOnLinux (Read 1890 times) previous topic - next topic

Running CueRipper on PlayOnLinux

I'm new to this forum, and I've noticed some people have had success installing CueRipper/CueTools on linux using Wine/PlayOnLinux.
Unfortunately I seem to be having problems since I can't seem to run CueRipper.
CueTools "seems" to be fine - I haven't tried doing anything with it, although a window does pop up, and I can configure, etc.

I am running Fedora 23 (64-bit) and 4.2.10 PlayOnLinux and 2.1.5 CueTools.

Here are the steps I am following:

1.Start PlayOnLinux.
2. Click on "Install a program" found in the left hand side pane.
3. Click "Install a non-listed program" found on the bottom.
4. Three windows pop up, and I click "Next" each time.
5. "Install a program in a new virtual drive" is highlighted, and I click "Next".
6. I type "CueRipper" for the name of the virtual drive and click "Next".
7. I check the box next to "Install some libraries" and click "Next".
8. "32 bits windows installation" is highlighted, and I click "Next".
9. I choose "POL_install_dotnet20sp" and "POL_install_vcrun2008" and click "Next".
10. A window shows "Please select the install file to run", and I click "Cancel".
11. At this point I have the CueTools zip file unzipped, and I copy the whole directory structure to /home/user/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/CueRipper/drive_c.
12. I click on the "Configure" button on PlayOnLinux.
13. I highlight the "CueRipper" virtual drive in the left pane.
14. I click on the "Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive" button.
15. I highlight "CueRipper.exe" from my choices ad click the "Next" button.
16. In the box that says "Please choose a shortcut name for CueRipper.exe", the name "CueRipper" already appears, and I click "Next".
17. I repeat the last three steps for "CueTools.exe".
18. I highlight "I don't want to make another shortcut" and click "Next".
19. In the main window, I highlight the "CueRIpper" shortcut, and click "run" in the left-hand panel.
20. A window with a frowny face pops up with the error:

Error in main
CUERipper crashed.
Select its shortcut and click on "Debug" in the side panel to get more details.

21. I click on "Next" to get rid of the window.
22. I highlight "CueRipper" shortcut again, and this time I click on "debug" on the left hand panel.
23. I get the following in the debugger window"

[11/23/16 18:12:40] - Running wine- CUERipper.exe (Working directory : /home/user/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/CueRipper/drive_c/CUETools_2.1.5)
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.9.12 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"configSections" in state 2
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"sectionGroup" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"section" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"userSettings" in state 2
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"CUERipper.Properties.Settings" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"setting" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"value" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:parse_probing privatePath=L"plugins" not implemented

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Deployment, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Deployment, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
  at CUERipper.Program.Main () <0x1c10fb8 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Deployment, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of itsFile name: 'System.Deployment, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

at CUERipper.Program.Main () <0x1c10fb8 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0

Any suggestions are most welcome as to what I am doing wrong.
Thanks!