Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why is there not tutorial for the best way to backup using WAVPACK and (Read 3394 times) previous topic - next topic

Why is there not tutorial for the best way to backup using WAVPACK and

There is a tutorial for EAC + FLAC but nothing for WAVPACK. For a novice, not so techy user like me, this is a deterrant and I will encode to FLAC because there are instruction out there in plain english on a step-by-step tutorial on how to do it. With WAVPACK and REACT and that ACIDR way, it seems to go to loads of webpages and there's loads of reading to do and it all seems very long

Reply #1
I'd guess that the lack of WavPack tutorials is due to a lack of volunteers to write them.

Reply #2
wouldn't the wavpack guide be analogous to the flac guide except for the command line used for wavpack (-hx %s %d)?
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Reply #3
Heja guys,

you are free to post the link to http://www.High-Quality.ch.vu tutorials, which guide you step by step through ripping with EAC and encoding to several formats, which can be considered high quality for audio, ie. flac, wavpack, ape, optimfrog, mpc.