Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ISO files only play at 44,100hz (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

ISO files only play at 44,100hz

Everything else plays correctly, ISO files from SACD's only play at 44,100 hz, although they seem to be 24bit. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: ISO files only play at 44,100hz

Reply #1
Are you using the foo_input_sacd plug-in?  And if so which version?  It has configuration options which can output PCM and some versions also have a output sample rate choice.  But basically if you are using foo_input_sacd and dsf or dff files play correctly an iso should as well.

Reply #2
I have the current  foo_input_sacd plug-in, and dff files play correctly, I'm wondering if it's a problem with Windows 10. My laptop is Windows 7, set up the same as the PC, and it plays everything as it should. This is a new PC and the one it replaced played everything correctly. Thanks for your interest.

Reply #3
I've not had problems with playing ISO files on any version of Windows 7 or Windows 10 (which doesn't mean that other won't.)

Windows 10 now has direct support for USB Audio 2.0 which works with many DACs that used to need their own drivers, but I have better luck using my DAC's USB drivers.

Check your <Options><Tools><SACD><Output Mode> is either "DSD" or "DSD+PCM", your <Preferable Area> is "Stereo" and <DSD Processor> is "None"  If you do need the DSD Processor check that <Options><Tools><DSD Processor> isn't set to convert DSD to PCM.

Also, check that <Options><Tools><Playback><Output><Device> is "DSD: ASIO: <your dac>" or "DSD: WASAPI: <your dac>", etc.  If you are using WASAPI (and with some DAC drivers even if you are using ASIO) you need to check that Windows isn't doing any processing of the data.  Open the Sound Settings, check that the volume is 100 then click on "Device Properties" (if you have an older release of Windows 10, you may need to use some other way of getting there.)  In the <Speaker Properties> box that comes up check that the Balance in the <Levels> tab is 100/100, in the <Enhancements> tab click "Disable all enhancements", in the <Advanced> tab click both options in the <Exclusive Mode> area (both "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority".)

Reply #4
Check your <Options><Tools><SACD><Output Mode> is either "DSD" or "DSD+PCM", your <Preferable Area> is "Stereo" and <DSD Processor> is "None"  If you do need the DSD Processor check that <Options><Tools><DSD Processor> isn't set to convert DSD to PCM.

I couldn't find this on Foobar or Windows. Which is it on? I did all the other things you suggested. Thanks

Reply #6
I reinstalled the foo sacd and everything appeared as you said, and everything is working as it should. I can't thank you enough and I send my sincere appreciation to you.  Art Hawthorne