Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with component FFmpeg Decoder Wrapper (foo_input_ffmpeg) (Read 15425 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Problems with component FFmpeg Decoder Wrapper (foo_input_ffmpeg)

Reply #50
As the latter was indeed the case when playing a file, I was wondering why it did not show the user-given format name when playing a stream.
Maybe you forgot to uncheck "Show codec names from ffmpeg"?
Easy way to check if ffmpeg is used - look in windows task manager if ffmpeg.exe is running or not.
File type mask for plain opus files should be
Code: [Select]
*.opus
, not
Code: [Select]
opus
Also, as Peter already said in this thread:
If you have more than one decoder supporting a specific file format, which one will get it is undefined - or rather, intentionally random.

Reply #51
Thanks Rollin for your reply and for pointing out an obvious way to check, which I missed.  I found ffmpeg is loaded when playing the file, and not loaded when playing the stream (yes mask is *opus;http://*.opus), so the latter case must fall into the category you quoted from Peter.  No problem.

Reply #52
The stream case would fail anyway, since it's handing off to the first decoder to claim the MIME type matching Opus, not by filename. The FFmpeg custom reader would need to do something special, I can't think of what at the moment, to optionally take over HTTP requests without asking for a reader, and only take over specific MIME types or paths.

Reply #53
It seems component requires sse2 to  work. The same with last version of foo_input_exe. Is this by intention?

Reply #54
I have one entry unchecked between two checked entries. I removed the middle one, apply, ok, then open preferences, the bottom entry become unchecked.

here is the video: https://transfer.sh/jaBg6/2018-03-20_17-16-37.mp4

Reply #55
Thanks for the bug report.
Version 0.5.4 has been posted, deleting entries no longer messes with the checked state.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #56
@Peter , you haven't updated "last update date" for foo_input_ffmpeg plugin on its download page. Website still says that it was last time updated on 2018-03-09, despite v 0.5.4 changes are listed.

Reply #57
When decoding DSD512 with ffmpeg it produces PCM with samplerate 2822400 Hz. fb2k reports "Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file)" and refuse to play/decode such file. But fb2k 1.4 is able to play wav files with samplerate 2822400 Hz. So this should be problem with foo_input_ffmpeg.
Yes, i know that DSD512 is madness. Also i know that this problem can be mitigated by using ffmpeg's filter -af aresample.

Reply #58
The same problem with DSD1024. ffmpeg by default produces PCM with 6 144 000 Hz and fb2k rejects it.

Reply #59
While fb2k 1.4.1 itself now can handle 6144000Hz, foo_input_ffmpeg still rejects such high samplerates.