Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: losing replaygain values (Read 3450 times) previous topic - next topic

losing replaygain values

hmm, i think i messed up in the preferences but i can't find it.
i have replaygained all my files but whenever I look at the file info, an press reload (even if no changes), the replaygain values disappear? why? i have apev2 & id3v1 selected in options and databse is fully enabled.

foobat .7b40, winxpsp1, no dsp except volume or plugins besides bare minimum and albumlist.

voltron

losing replaygain values

Reply #1
if more information is needed, i can provide, im not sure what else is needed

losing replaygain values

Reply #2
If you have database enabled you should use "Rewrite file tags from database", otherwise your rg values will be lost when reloading info from file.

Regards,
The Link

losing replaygain values

Reply #3
Do you mean "Don't write modified tages to files." becuase previously i had that unchecked and even with it checked it makes no difference.

losing replaygain values

Reply #4
Well... I didn´t mean that feature but I would disable it, too. What I suggested to try is: select the rged files --> right click --> Database --> Rewrite file tags from database.

Regards,
The Link

losing replaygain values

Reply #5
i only see the option for reload info from file when i right click and select database...

losing replaygain values

Reply #6
Sorry, then I don´t know how to help you.
Under right click --> Database I can choose:
Reload info from file
Rewrite file tags from database
Remove tags from file

I don´t know why this isn´t the case with you!

Regards,
The Link

edit: Did you really enable the database?

losing replaygain values

Reply #7
i only see the option for reload info from file when i right click and select database...

Have a look here:
"Preferences->Core->Context menu items"
to see if you have disabled the rest of the Database options.

losing replaygain values

Reply #8
Ok, it works now. The database was enabled but when I clicked Rewrite tags, it wouldn't because I had inadvertently checked "Don't write modified tags to files" when I had tried it earlier today. Thanks for your help Link and upNorth.

voltron

PS
Database loads a lot faster now, as well.