Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unicode in cue, cue+file name guessing (Read 1849 times) previous topic - next topic

Unicode in cue, cue+file name guessing

fb2k doesn't seem to handle correctly cue files that contain unicode or utf-8. If FILE has unicode characters, the file with that name cannot be loaded. In TITLEs they are displayed incorrectly. Unless I did something wrong...

Secondly, as it's a pain to edit cues to contain the correct extension of the sound file every time they are un/compressed, could it be possible to add support for file name guessing (i.e. look for that file name but with different extensions)?

Unicode in cue, cue+file name guessing

Reply #1
CUE format does NOT support UTF-8 or unicode.

"Guessing" would be just an attempt to make invalid cue files work, and I have no intentions of doing that.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.