Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How I have to do to substitute automatically new tracks in my playlist ? (Read 3325 times) previous topic - next topic

How I have to do to substitute automatically new tracks in my playlist ?

Hi !

I mean, I have some tracks, and because I have convert tracks from mp3 to wma. And when I want to play it, I have some error message.
I want to remove all tracks which have change the extension automatically and I want to replace the wma track who have the same name except the extension. You understand me ?

And all new tracks or extension changed tracks are in the same folder, the tracks substitute others.

Thx ahead !  :D

(sorry for my english, I don't practice verry much so I lose some words...)

Re: How I have to do to substitute automatically new tracks in my playlist ?

Reply #1
Read 31 times and nobody answers me... Well.

Maybe you don't understand me...

Reply #2
I must say I have some problems getting at what you're asking. It seems there are multiple questions here. Perhaps you could try using google translate to make it more clear.
But for starters, unless you have a good reason to convert mp3 to wma, doing that is a bad idea and will only serve to give bad audio quality on an inferior audio codec.

Reply #3
My understanding of the question is wanting to remove dead entries of the MP3 versions from a static playlist automatically, since the tracks have been replaced with WMA versions.

If the purpose of the playlist was to contain all the music from your library (which based on the scrollbar length it might) then I'd recommend using a library viewer panel instead (I personally use both Facets and EsPlaylist which include nice cover art support), which will automatically add/remove items as you change them in Windows based on the Preferences>Music Library>Music Paths folders being tracked in foobar2000.

Alternatively you can create 'autoplaylists' which are similar to regular playlists but are based on the premise of filtering the library in a playlist form to show only a range of things matching the terms you input (such as showing only music that has the genre tag of 'rock', or the most played tracks recently, etc). I use JScript Panel's JSPlaylist for this since it has a nicer interface.

Reply #4
If the tracks you converted are, in the playlist, the only ones with mp3 extension, try to save the playtlist (in fpl), open it as text with a good notepad (like Notepad++), use the function for replace all .mp3 strings with .wma strings, and save the file.
If the tracks you converted aren't, in the playlist, the only ones with mp3 extension, copy the interested entries (the tracks you converted) of the playlist in another empty playlist, save it, and use the method I suggested to replace the strings.
Now you can load the modified playlist, with extension replaced, in the original playlist to replace the tracks with playback error due the changed extension of the files.

A not so completely automatic method, but very simple and fast to replace in few time also a large amount of entries of a playlist without recreate the structure of the involved entries.
This method supposes that, in the paths of the files, the string .mp3 is only in the extension (so neither in the folders names nor in the filenames).

Reply #5
I must say I have some problems getting at what you're asking. It seems there are multiple questions here. Perhaps you could try using google translate to make it more clear.
But for starters, unless you have a good reason to convert mp3 to wma, doing that is a bad idea and will only serve to give bad audio quality on an inferior audio codec.

Sincerely, I use it to have more space on disk, the quality seems to be the same, but I know it's false, but I'm happy with in.
I do that also because on my mp3 player, I don't have enough space, and I have a lot of music who I love. the file which have a size 10 Mb on mp3 have 3 or 4 Mb on wma (96 kbps 44100 Hz).

Ok I use wordreferece, but traducing online text traduce bad, it's not the equivalence.

Reply #6
My understanding of the question is wanting to remove dead entries of the MP3 versions from a static playlist automatically, since the tracks have been replaced with WMA versions.

If the purpose of the playlist was to contain all the music from your library (which based on the scrollbar length it might) then I'd recommend using a library viewer panel instead (I personally use both Facets and EsPlaylist which include nice cover art support), which will automatically add/remove items as you change them in Windows based on the Preferences>Music Library>Music Paths folders being tracked in foobar2000.

Alternatively you can create 'autoplaylists' which are similar to regular playlists but are based on the premise of filtering the library in a playlist form to show only a range of things matching the terms you input (such as showing only music that has the genre tag of 'rock', or the most played tracks recently, etc). I use JScript Panel's JSPlaylist for this since it has a nicer interface.

Thank you very much ! I don't understand all, but I will read other times in order to understand better.
I understand the english but not all words, syntax.
(I use website "duolingo" to improve my english)

Reply #7
If the tracks you converted are, in the playlist, the only ones with mp3 extension, try to save the playtlist (in fpl), open it as text with a good notepad (like Notepad++), use the function for replace all .mp3 strings with .wma strings, and save the file.
If the tracks you converted aren't, in the playlist, the only ones with mp3 extension, copy the interested entries (the tracks you converted) of the playlist in another empty playlist, save it, and use the method I suggested to replace the strings.
Now you can load the modified playlist, with extension replaced, in the original playlist to replace the tracks with playback error due the changed extension of the files.

A not so completely automatic method, but very simple and fast to replace in few time also a large amount of entries of a playlist without recreate the structure of the involved entries.
This method supposes that, in the paths of the files, the string .mp3 is only in the extension (so neither in the folders names nor in the filenames).

Thank you. I will try first the answer (solution) deliver from @Coreda and if I don't success, I try your suggestion ;)

Reply #8
@Coreda I don't success to use what you said. "EsPlaylist" there is not on the web... ???
May yous should sent me the file uploading that on the net.

Reply #10
@Coreda I don't success to use what you said. "EsPlaylist" there is not on the web... ???
May yous should sent me the file uploading that on the net.

Here you go. It's the archived version of the original download page, since for some reason the page isn't active currently. Just click the v0.1.3.9(2011/05/28) link.

Once the component is installed you can then place EsPlaylist by using View menu>Layout>Enable layout editing mode and adding it to a new panel. The music groupings and panel behavior can be configured in the foobar2000 preferences, under the Tools>EsPlaylist section.

I have mine configured to display cover art and then display the album tracks when middle-clicking with the mouse on the cover art.

Once you become more accustomed to foobar2000 and the components it will become a bit easier :) Below is a GIF from a few months ago of part of my setup using JSPlaylist (the left panel) with Facets library view on the right, to give you some idea of how I use them. In this case demonstrating adding tracks to a new playlist by opening the sliding sidebar with the Tab key. EsPlaylist I use exclusively for the podcasts library tab.

Reply #11
Thank you very much again @Coreda !
this component is so great !

work like a charm.

Reply #12
Someone know where I can find US radios/tunner ?

like this website in order to learn english in foobar2000 and to know what are the greatest radios channels in US who talk about psychology if someone knows that, tell me please.

http://www.listenlive.eu/

in this website you choose you choose the channel, right click and copy the URL (the 128 Kb/s) for example on the radio you want to listen, and create a new playlist, and file/add location and you paste it, ok, and you have the radio channel.

Maybe you know this feature, but browsing in Youtube, I have found this possibility.

And I wonder if it's possible to add the lyrics in the right pannel for me. See on this screen capture :

Thx !

Reply #13
UP (I'm surprise)
No one helps me ??

Please if you know, share for me and other person whose browse on web in the future......

And sorry, but I have another question, for example, if I have tracks but only appear a artist and album titles not the title track, because on conversion, it delete the title... So, it is possible, like Windows Media Player to update track titles who missing ? Because I use LastFM and if I play tracks without title, it don't scrobble that. I hope you understand me. In my actual computer, if I use WMP, it don't update my informations albums. Maybe, on foobar2000 it works. because manually it s so long, I waste my time....

Thank you for you help !

edit : it's ok for the lyrics, ok not exactly, it put lyrcis not found, the first it appears, but next tracks, nothing... Strange... isn't it
Enjoy your weekend!

Reply #14
UP

Reply #15
.................. UP

it's weird than anybody knows and don't want to share it !

Well

Reply #17
And sorry, but I have another question, for example, if I have tracks but only appear a artist and album titles not the title track, because on conversion, it delete the title... So, it is possible, like Windows Media Player to update track titles who missing ? Because I use LastFM and if I play tracks without title, it don't scrobble that. I hope you understand me. In my actual computer, if I use WMP, it don't update my informations albums. Maybe, on foobar2000 it works. because manually it s so long, I waste my time....
WHO deletes the title (and keep the artist name and the album title) during the conversion? I don't think it's a good software the one who does this.

Anyways, for mass tag the track title using the filename as source, just use Masstagger.
Or a standalone program like Mp3tag.

Reply #18
Thx @Pahadimas
ok @2tec

Reply #19
héllo everyone !

How I have to do because lot of tracks don't play ? how update new location tracks please ?

see on this screen capture below :

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/966150errorf2000.jpg

thx !