Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1889558 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2925
Thank you both for responding.

flac will exit with code 1 if there were any errors, including when the MD5 checksum doesn't match the audio.
Can you run Action:Verify on the input without error?
You can also test your input file for errors with the flac frontend or with the flac command-line flac.exe -t yourinputfile.flac

Yes, Action: Verify verifies the input without error. Both CTDB & AccurateRip display "accurately ripped" No errors there.

FLAC Frontend gives this error on input of the same file:

*** Got error code 0:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR STATUS_LOST_SYNC
filename.cue: ERROR while decoding metadata state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM

If it happens right away, it might be due to wrong command line parameters.

It does not happen right away.

Is it possible, using CUETools, to split the album-file right though the error, i.e. ignoring the error? That way, one can at least harvest all the tracks, to find the faulty one to possibly repair, and gain all all the good ones. 

May I also ask if CUETools is capable of splitting single track 24-bit albums into multiple tracks from the cue file? If not, would you kindly please recommend an application that can do that? I do not want to downsample the files.

Reply #2926
Is it possible, using CUETools, to split the album file right though the error, i.e. ignoring the error? That way, one can at least harvest all the tracks, to find the faulty one to possibly repair, and gain all all the good ones.

May I also ask if CUETools is capable of splitting single track 24-bit albums into multiple tracks from the cue file? If not, would you kindly please recommend an application that can do that? I do not want to downsample the files.

I have now found and deployed two different applications, both of which addressed the aforementioned points quite easily. The first was addressed using dbPoweramp, and the second with Foobar Convert.

Thank you all who responded.

Reply #2927
is there a way to NOT have the cue file copied over to the destination directory.

no, but its easy to remove them. However, NOTE: the second cue is not a copy, one is an image file cue and the other is a track files cue

Open Windows Explorer, and shift-rightclick on the base folder for your converted rips and click on "Open Command window here". Check the prompt to make sure window opened at the right place, then type "del /s *.cue" without the quotes, and press return. This will step down all your folders and subfolders below the one you started in and delete anything with a .cue extension. Take care you get it right, it won't ask if you're sure.

If you've been upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Edition, the "Open Command window here" option has been removed so you'll have to use PowerShell. Click "Open PowerShell window here". This uses a different syntax, type "get-childitem . -recurse -include *.cue | remove-item" without the quotes, check what you've typed is correct, and press return.

Your .cues will be gone.

Reply #2928
Hi. LOVE CueTools for verifying rips.

Couple small quality of life improvements I would suggest:
1) the results are displayed as text, formatting and color scheme in accordance with the Windows theme. While perfectly readable, it's far from convenient. It would be really nice to have some form of color coding here: e.g. shades of green show that it's "accurately ripped" with ok-good-great confidence, yellow for low confidence, red for not accurately ripped).
I usually open the .accurip file in a text editor, which is set up to parse and color code in that fashion, but it's not a perfect solution by far, and having CUETools itself color code the results would be very much appreciated.

2) Multiselect Browser: two things here:
a) the directory tree shows way too many items by default
Example: Let's say I've got two CDs in "F:\music\something\cd1" and "F:\music\something\cd2". I paste their parent directory path ("F:\music\something") in CUETools input field. I then click on the little green icon, opening the multiselect browser (this is how I typically go about it). If I want to change any of the (automatically set) check marks, I have to do a whole lot of scrolling before I get to the input folder. This is because the multiselect browser shows the following, in order from bottom to top:
- Local DB (8 items),
- all directories on user's Desktop (in my case about 20 items),
- Windows "users\username" directory (1 item),
- Windows "My Music" and "Public Music" directories (2 items),
- Root of drives with drive letters higher than the one the actual input is on (in my case: Drive "I:" and "G:" are higher than "F:" so 2 items),
- any directory in the root of the same drive that has the input files (so all directories in the root of "F:" - potentially many items),
- any directory that has the same parent directory as the input (i.e. all directories in "F:\music\" -- many items)

I suggest auto-focusing the view (i.e. scrolling up automatically) to the item(s) that are automatically selected (check marks).

b) auto-selection of items in the above scenario should be configurable by file type. I don't see the need to auto-select the audio files themselves in addition to the cue sheet. The cue is all you want, usually.

Thanks for considering + thanks for the fantastic program!

Reply #2929
Cuetools seems to ignore some Metadata that is in MusicBrainz.

After I was told that Cuetools ignores Metadata after the REM in a CUE file, I decided to see if how GENRE, Part of a Compilation and Date are handled by Cuetools.  I removed all of this information from a CD and then used Cuetools to encode from the .wav and .cue file to MP3 with all of the lookups in CTDB turned on. 

I found that Genre, Year, Part of a Compilation, Composer and disc3  tags in the MP3s were not filled in even though the information is in the MusicBrainz entry for the CD concerned. https://musicbrainz.org/release/a5939b2e-841a-4dbf-8e1c-1f9a519c5f53

Composer also has a place in the standard CUE file where it could be filled in.

Is there a way to make these get copied in?

Thanks
dpr

Reply #2930
 c:\lame\lame.exe has exited prematurely with code 1: The pipe has been ended.

I'm trying to use the external encoder - lame, so I can control the tags, but I get the error message above when I try to encode to tracks using VBR(lame.exe). the settings are

Path: c:\lame\lame.exe
Parameters: --vbr-new -b %M - %O

error message:
.\Various Artists - KBCO Studio C, Volume 19.cue: c:\lame\lame.exe returned error code 1.

all works ok with VBR(libmp3lame) and with the external lame.exe for CBR:
Parameters: -m s -q 0 -b %M --noreplaygain - %O

thanks for any hints

Reply #2931
Parameters are probably wrong.

I'm trying to use the external encoder - lame, so I can control the tags
You can't control the tags from the encoder. CUETools handles all tags using internal taggers (e.g. TagLibSharp).

I try to encode to tracks using VBR(lame.exe). the settings are

Path: c:\lame\lame.exe
Parameters: --vbr-new -b %M - %O
Looks like a mix of VBR and CBR. You didn't provide the 'Modes' line to show what is being replaced for %M.
http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Advanced_Settings:_Encoders
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/lame/svn/trunk/lame/USAGE
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Lame#VBR_.28variable_bitrate.29_settings
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Lame#CBR_.28constant_bitrate.29_settings

CUETools gets metadata from the CTDB. The CTDB (CUETools Database) replicates and stores relevant data from MusicBrainz (and other databases).
korth

Reply #2932
Parameters are probably wrong.

yes, thanks. I corrected it:
--vbr-new -%M - %O

I'm trying to use the external encoder - lame, so I can control the tags
You can't control the tags from the encoder. CUETools handles all tags using internal taggers (e.g. TagLibSharp).

This is frustrating. It would be much more helpful to have access to the tags to pass to lame in the call to an external encoder.  Why not have them listed out in the Parameters to the encoder?

CUETools gets metadata from the CTDB. The CTDB (CUETools Database) replicates and stores relevant data from MusicBrainz (and other databases).
I am not sure this is correct or complete.  My post included:
I found that Genre, Year, Part of a Compilation, Composer and disc#  tags in the MP3s were not filled in even though the information is in the MusicBrainz entry for the CD concerned. https://musicbrainz.org/release/a5939b2e-841a-4dbf-8e1c-1f9a519c5f53

If you look at the image (see attached) or  link you will see  the tags I listed: Genre, Year, Part of a Compilation, Composer and disc#  tag are in MusicBrainz. These do not get output to the mp3s built with Cuetools. I dont know if there are dropped by CTDB or Cuetools or not available in the MusicBrainz, but they are in MusicBrainz. 

Reply #2933
The developer may respond at some point after the holidays.
Compilation & Composer are not supported by CUETools. Genre may be included as part of Tags on MusicBrainz but almost anything else can be stored there as well. The CTDB does not store genre from MusicBrainz.
Year and discnumber are stored.
You didn't provide the CTDB TOCID for your rip so I couldn't look it up.
korth

Reply #2934
Where do i find that?

Reply #2935
Where do i find that?
With default settings, a log file named *.accurip should be in the folder with your mp3 files.
edit: this file can be read in a text editor such as notepad.
If you converted a single rip, the log also appears in the window at the bottom of the GUI at the end of the process.
korth

Reply #2936
Is there a way to converts only specific tracks from cue/flac to a different format (ie mp3)
I have few images as cue/flac but only need a single track from each

Of course I can convert the lot & delete what is not needed, but...

sebus

Reply #2937
Where do i find that?
With default settings, a log file named *.accurip should be in the folder with your mp3 files.
edit: this file can be read in a text editor such as notepad.
If you converted a single rip, the log also appears in the window at the bottom of the GUI at the end of the process.

[CTDB TOCID: mMLhhVycNz0hAIEqDFiVchLC7NA-] found.

Reply #2938
Is there a way to converts only specific tracks from cue/flac to a different format (ie mp3)
Not with CUETools

http://db.cuetools.net/?tocid=mMLhhVycNz0hAIEqDFiVchLC7NA-
http://db.cuetools.net/cd/798197
xml for mMLhhVycNz0hAIEqDFiVchLC7NA-

disc: 1/2
year: 2008
release date: 2008-12-06

edit: the metadata available to CUETools is in the xml
korth

Reply #2939
http://db.cuetools.net/?tocid=mMLhhVycNz0hAIEqDFiVchLC7NA-
http://db.cuetools.net/cd/798197
xml for mMLhhVycNz0hAIEqDFiVchLC7NA-

disc: 1/2
year: 2008
release date: 2008-12-06

edit: the metadata available to CUETools is in the xml

Korth, Thanks for the XML.
Looking at the xml, the musicbrainz entry;
- does not include Genre, but  freedb one does.
- the year is in the xml
- the release type is missing, in the musicbrainz entry this is where 'part of a compilation; (Compilation) is stored.
- per track composers are not listed in the xml for the musicbrainz entry., (there are some for this release in musicbrainz
- the disc number and total number of discs are in the xml.

I removed Cuetools and did a reinstall and then an encoding for this CD. The results were:

1. Year is correct
2. Genre is missing - not in entry
3. Part of compilation missing
4. Composer per track missing

as you say above, they are 'Compilation' is supported by cuetools...

Reply #2940
- Where is the Local DB stored?
- How do you purge the Local DB?
 The changelog mentions this was added as early as 2011, but I can't seem to find that option.

Reply #2941
The database file is named LocalDB.xml.z
A new file will be created (as needed) if you delete it.
You'll find the file in \CUE Tools
If you're running CUETools as portable \CUE Tools is a sub-folder
otherwise the location is %appdata%\CUE Tools
korth

Reply #2943
Thank you for the detailed response!

Deselecting that option did not purge the db in my case - unless we mean different things by purging (I mean emptying it).

Anyway, I will simply delete the file! Thanks for your help :)

Reply #2944
Sorry, wrong pic. The other was for adding to the db.
To purge records (from Folder Browser or Multiselect Browser) right-click mouse on the record you want to purge (remove).
korth

Reply #2945
A word of warning to those using CUETools 2.1.6 on linux (WINE): Do not use the libFLAC decoder! For some reason, it doesn't produce valid output. The audio checksum differs on every decoding attempt (verify/encode), and of course no accurateRip/CTDB match is possible.

Changing to cuetools decoder solves the issue. I wasted a day trying to figure out why all my windows PCs report 70/70 match while all my linux PCs report 0/70, using the exact same portable CUETools installation.

Reply #2946
A word of warning to those using CUETools 2.1.6 on linux (WINE): Do not use the libFLAC decoder! For some reason, it doesn't produce valid output. The audio checksum differs on every decoding attempt (verify/encode), and of course no accurateRip/CTDB match is possible.

Changing to cuetools decoder solves the issue. I wasted a day trying to figure out why all my windows PCs report 70/70 match while all my linux PCs report 0/70, using the exact same portable CUETools installation.

And how do you get it to work on wine? Last time I tried it didn't work. Which version of wine and .NET did you use?

Reply #2947
edit: I just tested it out:

- install wine (any version really, it's been working for me for several years, I'm currently using 3.0rc6)
- install wine-mono (or whatever it is called on your distribution)
- create a new win32 prefix (WINEARCH=win32)
- install dotnet20sp2 using winetricks. It shows a couple of errors (i.e. "mono not installed", even though it is), but the process finishes fine
- install vcrun2008
- copy the CUETools folder to your prefix/drive_c/Program Files/
- launch CUETools.exe with WINEPREFIX set to your prefix

It takes a while to launch, but it does launch fine. The only problem I had was that configuring it as I wanted crashed on some steps.
What I did was configure it as I want on a windows machine, then copy the settings.txt to my linux one.

I've also created a desktop file for each of them:
CUERipper:
Code: [Select]
[Desktop Entry]
Categories=AudioVideo;Audio
Comment[en_US]=Secure CD audio ripper
Comment=Secure CD audio ripper
Exec=WINEPREFIX=/path/to/prefix/ wine "/path/to/prefix/drive_c/Program Files/CUETools/CUERipper.exe"
GenericName[en_US]=
GenericName=
Icon=media-optical-audio
MimeType=
Name[en_US]=CUERipper
Name=CUERipper
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
Version=2.1.6
X-DBUS-ServiceName=
X-DBUS-StartupType=
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

CUETools:
Code: [Select]
[Desktop Entry]
Categories=AudioVideo;Audio
Comment[en_US]=CD audio converter/verifier
Comment=CD audio converter/verifier
Exec=WINEPREFIX=/path/to/prefix wine "/path/to/prefix/drive_c/Program Files/CUETools/CUETools.exe"
GenericName[en_US]=
GenericName=
Icon=media-optical-audio
MimeType=
Name[en_US]=CUETools
Name=CUETools
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
Version=2.1.6
X-DBUS-ServiceName=
X-DBUS-StartupType=
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

Reply #2948
I would like to request some changes:

1: Change the behavior of the offset textbox so that it doesn't fix invalid input as you type, but only after it loses focus. The reason is every time I try to insert negative offsets, either by first deleting the existing content, or selecting the content and start typing over it, starting with the [-] minus/dash character, the box replaces my input with a [0] and sets the cursor to the left.

2: Please, add AccurateRip V2 confidence numbers to the non-zero offsets too.

3: This one is not really that important, but while I'm at it, I might as well ask for it: The offets seem to be ordered alphabetically in the report, instead of logically by numeric value, as would be intuitive in this case. Either making the sorting "smart" or zero-padding the offset values to help the "non-smart" sorting would work for me.

Reply #2949
The forum mangled my post. At the end of point 1, it should be:
"the box replaced my input with a [ 0 ] and sets the cursor to the left"

It seems "[ 0 ]" without the spaces gets processed as a numbered list item...