Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JScript Panel (Read 282395 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JScript Panel

Reply #450
This sounds great news. Just one question then. My scripts currently have the following line at the top;

// @import "%fb2k_component_path%samples\complete\js\lodash.min.js"

Is there a file for the later Lodash library?

Reply #452
Hi TheQwertiest
Thanks for the info. I've downloaded the .js file and have proved it's being used. Great.

I don't understand your earlier remark .....SetTimeout/SetInterval shims.

Could you point me in the right direction for this please.

Reply #453
AFAIK most browsers provide SetTimeout, SetInterval, ClearTimeout, ClearInterval methods, which are needed by the latest lodash. JScript can't provide these methods natively (in global namespace), they can be only accessed via window object (e.g. window.SetTimeout).
So for lodash to become fully functional you have to define these methods somewhere in global namespace through window.* methods.

Reply #454
[deleted]

Reply #456
v2.1.7 released:https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/releases

How to add an extra tag to the listenbrainz submission

Reply #457
After reviewing my listens on the listenbrains site, I recognized, that they're "incomplete", because I save remix/version info in the COMMENT Tag, which seems not to be submitted. (also, I did not found any option to tell what should be submitted by the script. Please forgive me, being a old n00b which can't analyze/understand all of your (greatly apreciated!) coding to change it myself without bothering you...)

Maybe you can add Field remappings, like in foo_audioscrobbler ?
The script doesn't use title formatting and I'm not updating it for now.
Hello,
finally, I managed to add my own "feature wish".

If anybody is interested, here is the code. If not, I'll use it as a public note to myself in case updates will overwrite my addition and I'm wondering, why the scrobbles/listens not containing any remix information anymore...  ;-)

How to use it?

Open
Code: [Select]
listenbrainz.js
which is commonly found in
<f2k install dir>\user-components\foo_jscript_panel\samples\complete\js\listenbrainz.js

find the code
			var payload = {
track_metadata : {
artist_name : _.first(tags.artist),
release_name : _.first(tags.album),
track_name : _.first(tags.title)
}
};
This is the place where the submitted tags to the listenbrainz server are "generated".

Now add those following lines after the block of code from above. Thats a line after "};"
	if (tags.comment) { // fuffi: add comment to tracktitle
var payload = {
track_metadata : {
artist_name : _.first(tags.artist),
release_name : _.first(tags.album),
track_name : _.first(tags.title)+' ('+_.first(tags.comment)+')'
}
};
};  // fuffi
Don't replace any existing code, just add this code, which checks, if a comment-tag exists in the playing track, and if, generate the additional comment-tag after the tracktitle, separated with "(" and ")", which will look like "Artist - Tracktitle (Comment)" or "Tears For Fears - Mad World (World Mix)"

Reply #458
Do it is possibile a function to create custom tag instead only tag as PlayCount?

f.e.: fb.GetNowPlaying().SetJspTag("Playcount", 1);

f.e. i would add a tag (outside the file) "Lyrics" only if file "artist - title.lrc" exist.

Reply #459
Does anyone have a script that mirrors a normal CUI menu panel? From 'File' to 'Help'

Reply #460
Does anyone have a script that mirrors a normal CUI menu panel? From 'File' to 'Help'

Since I moved to SMP, I'm not familiar with JS panel anymore, but have you checked the sample scripts?
The Spider Monkey panel comes with a bundled "MainMenuManager All-In-One" sample script, which I'm pretty sure has been ported from JScript panel and maybe even WSH panel.
I'm late

Reply #461

Since I moved to SMP, I'm not familiar with JS panel anymore, but have you checked the sample scripts?
The Spider Monkey panel comes with a bundled "MainMenuManager All-In-One" sample script, which I'm pretty sure has been ported from JScript panel and maybe even WSH panel.

I'm using JPanel for a few things precisely because of the sample files. I tried SMP too, didn't see any example files so I'll check again thanks for the update, so SMP would be the most up to date panel component.

Reply #462
Marc has stopped development on foo_jscript_panel. You can get his last release v2.3.5 (Dec. 2019) here.

I'll be putting up a final v2.3.6 release in the next few days which will hopefully contain the most updated version of his scripts, a dumb method only I'll use, and a few fixes that Marc had done in preparation for a v2.4.0 release.

After that point, I will probably stop maintaining foo_jscript_panel unless I managed to screw something up (in which case I'd probably fix those). Things should be in a fairly stable state, and I don't have time to take over another project.

Edit: Documentation is back online here.

Reply #464
It seems fb2k v1.6 has exposed some bad code which makes the component crash, I've uploaded a fixed version here...

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=118824.msg984967#msg984967

@MordredKLB , I fixed this because I assumed you're spending your time on porting your own scripts to Spider Monkey Panel.

Reply #465
Hi.  I tried your new JScript panel with Foobar 1.6 beta 2 and Foobar starts now, but I have an issue with the Georgia library panel.  In artist view it expands to show the albums under that artist, but it doesn't expand any further to show the tracks under each album.  I've made some cosmetic changes to Georgia so maybe I broke something, but I wanted to let you know.

Reply #466
Cause of the crash (can't start)

v1.6 beta
JS Smooth Browser/foo_jscript_panel

Revert to v1.5.5

Change
JS Smooth Browser/foo_spider_monkey_panel

Update v1.6 beta
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #467
Hi.  I tried your new JScript panel with Foobar 1.6 beta 2 and Foobar starts now, but I have an issue with the Georgia library panel.  In artist view it expands to show the albums under that artist, but it doesn't expand any further to show the tracks under each album.  I've made some cosmetic changes to Georgia so maybe I broke something, but I wanted to let you know.

It seems only the Georgia version is affected. The original Library Tree script by WilB expands down to track level as expected. Either way, it's not my problem.

I felt obliged to fix the component as the crash was my fault but I don't care about scripts I didn't write**

** well that's not strictly true. I don't mind fixing the odd bug because you get an error telling you which line of code is problematic. Changing the behaviour of super complex scripts is something else entirely....

Reply #468
Hi :)
@snotlicker
Many Thanks for foo_jscript_panel-2.4.0.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #469
How get foo_jscript_panel-2.4.0 ?

Reply #471
Using "foobar 1.5.5 + Columns +  JScript Panel".

Couldn't find a solition for volume bar . Otherwise my setup is not bad.

Help would be nice.

Reply #472

It seems only the Georgia version is affected. The original Library Tree script by WilB expands down to track level as expected. Either way, it's not my problem.
Yeah, it's definitely not your problem. I'll figure out what's going on. :)

Reply #473
The fix for this is to go into library_panel.js and on line 888 you should see something like:

this.show_tracks = window.GetProperty(.....

Replace that entire line with:

this.show_tracks = true;

I've got a fix up in github, but it also makes some changes to georgia-main.js and not sure if you've got custom changes in there.

Reply #474
Thank you very much.  I thought you might wait for your Spider Monkey version.  I applied your library panel fix and it works great.  But I noticed you had actually made several code changes to the library panel besides the one line fix.  Should I retrofit these as well?  I also applied your playlist row height fix and it works fine.  I saw your CD art file name changes, but don't have a need for this at this time.  I am curious about the time zone changes as I don't have a clue what this logic does.  Should I care? 

I hesitate to ask because I'm sure it's a lot of work.  But I would love the ability to spin the CD art as I saw referenced in an earlier post.  Just something to think about if you ever get bored.