Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_loudness_peakmeter (Read 18158 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_loudness_peakmeter

Reply #75
Is LRA integrated over whole track or short term?

Reply #76
Could you add option/feature/new plugin to analyze selected tracks or whole media library offline (not only while track is playing) to see final integrated values like loudness/peaks/LRA/dynamic range and even whole graph for each selected track?
Ideally it could be a database with information about each analyzed track (like seekbar plugin) with ability to view it as a list and sort it by different columns or even query it.
porcus asked the same question a few weeks ago. Something like that is not planned. 

Reply #78
Hi Crossover, what about Mid/Side mode (where Mid is (L+R)/2 and Side is (L-R)/2 and same applies for each pair of surround channels, not just stereo)?

Reply #79
I would like to display Peakmeter Spectrum as in the attachment. Unfortunately I do not get the settings accordingly. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #80
I would like to display Peakmeter Spectrum as in the attachment. Unfortunately I do not get the settings accordingly. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Of course, you need two components (this and foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer) for this type of visualization

Reply #81
Of course, you need two components (this and foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer) for this type of visualization

Correct. Both are also installed.

Reply #82

Thanks in advance.
Sorry mexx, the peakmeter spectrum component is obsolete and no longer supported. Loudness peakmeter cant't be configured to look like the old peakmeter spectrum component.

Reply #83
Love this component, but there's one thing that's a bit annoying. When it's scrolling and it gets to the right end of the screen, it goes back to the other side again, but instead of starting at the far left of the screen, it starts about a third of the way along. Would it be possible to have it start again at the far left instead?

An option for an actual scrolling display, instead of stationary, would also be great.

Reply #84
Love this component, but there's one thing that's a bit annoying. When it's scrolling and it gets to the right end of the screen, it goes back to the other side again, but instead of starting at the far left of the screen, it starts about a third of the way along. Would it be possible to have it start again at the far left instead?

An option for an actual scrolling display, instead of stationary, would also be great.
100% agree. Yes please.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #85

100% agree. Yes please.
Same with me, to be consistent with foobar2000's built-in spectrogram visualization.

Hi Crossover, what about Mid/Side mode (where Mid is (L+R)/2 and Side is (L-R)/2 and same applies for each pair of surround channels, not just stereo)?
Last time I've checked the foobar2000 SDK (especially the audio channels in audio chunk definitions, which is essential for developers like @Crossover to implement Mid/Side representation for foobar2000 visualizations), and there are 18 defined channels (which foobar2000 can support up to 17.1 surround sound I think, which is rare anyways), which is:
0 = FL: Front left
1 = FR: Front right
2 = FC: Front center
3 = LFE: Low frequency effects
4 = BL: Back left
5 = BR: Back right
6 = FCL: Front center left
7 = FCR: Front center right
8 = BC: Back center
9 = SL: Side left
10 = SR: Side right
11 = TC: Top center
12 = TFL: Top front left
13 = TFC: Top front center
14 = TFR: Top front right
15 = TBL: Top back left
16 = TBC: Top back center
17 = TBR: Top back right

So by following the M = (L+R)/2 and S = (L-R)/2 formula for each channel pairs (barring from centers and LFEs, and the first pair is Mid and the second pair is Side after M/S conversion), the following M/S conversions (note that there are no M/S version of channel no. 2, 3, 8, 11, 13, and 16 here because these wouldn't make sense to convert to M/S representation, therefore 12 channels in Mid/Side representation) would be like:
0 = FM: Front mid
1 = FS: Front side
4 = BM: Back mid
5 = BS: Back side
6 = FCM: Front center mid
7 = FCS: Front center side
9 = SM: Side mid
10 = SS: Side side
12 = TFM: Top front mid
14 = TFS: Top front side
15 = TBM: Top back mid
17 = TBS: Top back side

Reply #88
The Export Setting File is *.enhpm. The file extension is confusing, should be *.loudpm.
actually, I disagree, if anything it's missing the l from loudness...
.loudpm doesn't cover what it does.
my suggestion would be to just change it to .enhlpm
This reflects what it does...

@Crossover You might also want to change the name that's visible in the Visualizations submenu and caption if not embedded.
Shouldn't it read "Enhanced Loudness Peakmeter" since you did put the "enh" in the extension of the exported settings?
X

Reply #89

OK, convinced. It's on the list.

Reply #90
The Export Setting File is *.enhpm. The file extension is confusing, should be *.loudpm.
actually, I disagree, if anything it's missing the l from loudness...
.loudpm doesn't cover what it does.
my suggestion would be to just change it to .enhlpm
This reflects what it does...

@Crossover You might also want to change the name that's visible in the Visualizations submenu and caption if not embedded.
Shouldn't it read "Enhanced Loudness Peakmeter" since you did put the "enh" in the extension of the exported settings?
[attach type=image]28497[/attach]

The component was initially called Enhanced Peakmeter. After I added the loudness functionality, I renamed it to Loudness Peakmeter without changing the file extension of the settings files. So I think .loudpm would be correct. It's also on the list now.

Reply #91

OK, convinced. It's on the list.

Brilliant, thank you for considering it! The 'starting at the far left' thing would make it perfect for me.

Reply #92
@Crossover, how is it possible that your component reports a higher true peak value than calculated in advance using the built-in Replaygain scanner with the True Peak option set to SoX Upsample x4?
• We can do better about lossy music: Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is a departure from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Clipping-free MP3 encoding for vintage gear: SoX to 44.1 kHz → LoudMax -1 dB ISP → ADClip8 → Smart dither 16 bit → Lame3995o -Q1
• Plz, update WavPack hybrid & FSLAC

Reply #93
When not using "single spectrum" mode, I noticed that the top graph didn't react to right channel (when using the Stereo Balance effect that comes with Utility DSP Array component) but the bottom graph reacts to both channels as opposed to only reacting to right channel but not left channel

Also, the line (which is the momentary LUFS display over time) reacts to both channels on two graphs as opposed to have LUFS lines react to each channel on each graph (which is a FR to add an option to make LUFS line graph react differently to different channels on each graph as opposed to all channels when not using "single spectrum" mode)

Reply #94
I have created a new component...

Is it possible to add the old, good RMS meter (according to IEC 61606:1997 / AES17-1998 standard - so called RMS+3) on the upper bar next to Peak and TruePeak readout?
It would be great to have an option to display ONLY the upper bar and hide all the graphs.