Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pulling tags from last.fm as custom tags onto your library (Read 805 times) previous topic - next topic

Pulling tags from last.fm as custom tags onto your library

Hello, so that title might be I bit confusing, and last.fm isn't exactly popular these days.

I would like to pull tags for artists, albums or songs from last.fm and put them in a field in my music selection, so I can browse my music by that selection. Right now I have my music in genre folders, but that doesn't always work (I also don't want to split artists, that have done widely different works).

Is there a component that can do that? I think from a technical standpoint it shouldn't be too hard but probably not enough interest exists.

I'm also open to alternative suggestions. Thank you.

Re: Pulling tags from last.fm as custom tags onto your library

Reply #1
Wilb's biogrpahy component does that, drawing tags (among other things) from last.fm. It also draws tags from allmusic.

Reply #2
^ Biography is mostly the genre ones though -

Code: [Select]
[ADVANCED: TAG WRITER]
Write Tag: Album Genre AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Mood AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Rating AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Theme AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Artist Genre AllMusic=0
Write Tag: Album Genre Last.fm=0
Write Tag: Artist Genre Last.fm=0
Write Tag: Locale Last.fm=0
Write Tag: Similar Artists Last.fm: Number to Write (0-100)=0

How about the Discogs Tagger or MusicBrainz Tagger?

Cheers

Reply #3
Thank you both. I'm using the discogs tagger, but I don't know how to integrate last.fm into it.

Where is that code from?

Reply #4
I got it working with Biography, but  I think I can only tag an album simultaneously. Any idea how to circumvent that? For 5000 records that is a bit annoying.

But thanks so much anyway.

Reply #5
The tagger was added as a bonus for users who use biography regularly and want to transfer some of the bio data to tags. It was never intended for on the fly look-ups and tagging.