Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 225009 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #425
@WilB
nice to hear my idea could be possibly helpful.
Meanwhile I found another issue. If there are differnt artists with the same name, there are always images that are not correct and therefor unwanted. Same for LMs red warning images "keep stats clean" (even if all tags are absolutely correct). I can delete these images, but how to block downloding these images the next time playing the song or album or artist again? May be not to delete and to rename these unwanted images in a certain way, for example a underscore at beginning or end of the name, or something similar could be a solution?

Reply #426
I've added the ability to black list images. It should be in the next version & deal with both points. Regarding LFMs red warning images "keep stats clean": the script does try to handle this already by blocking those I know about. In future they can be black listed any way. But if you want any added to the automatic exclusion list then please advise the exact artist names causing an issue PLUS the language setting you use & I'll try & add them.

Reply #427
Can anything be done at all about radio stations with %artist% and %title% reversed
eg http://edge-bauermz-01-cr.sharp-stream.com/magicsoul.aac
thanks

@Peter
Could this remapping be done from foobar2000 natively?
eg. swap metadata if we append to the url ?swap_metadata
http://edge-bauermz-01-cr.sharp-stream.com/magicsoul.aac?swap_metadata

Reply #428
Hi.  I just installed Spider Monkey 1.2.0 and got the following error in my Biography panels.  My other Spider Monkey panels are OK, so I think the issue may lie with the Biography component.  Please let me know if I need to move this to the Spider Monkey discussion group.

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.0 ({CC438F09-5BB0-4067-AA7B-232EB140F0F3})
can't access dead object

File: <main>
Line: 2353, Column: 411

Stack trace:
  Images/this.chk_arr@<main>:2353:411
  on_notify_data@<main>:2808:438
  Images/this.set_chk_arr@<main>:2377:94
  Images/this.getArtImg@<main>:2369:157
  Images/this.get_images@<main>:2368:150
  getImgFallback@<main>:2340:129
  Images/this.draw@<main>:2755:48
  on_paint@<main>:2809:37

Reply #429
The same situation. Plus, sometimes the foobar2000 remains to hang in the task manager upon exit.

Reply #430
@WilB : regarding errors reported above - this info might be relevant.

Plus, sometimes the foobar2000 remains to hang in the task manager upon exit.
If you are using SMP v1.1.x, you should try updating to SMP v1.2.0 first. If the problem persists, please create a memory dump using the following instructions and post it in in SMP thread.

Reply #434
@dwmartin0906 & @kutuzof

Thanks for the feedback & also to @TheQwertiest for insight into the nature of the error.

I have fixed the SMP 1.2.0 related issue on my copy. The next version of Biography will require SMP 1.2.x, and is planned to be released once there is a stable version of SMP 1.2.x.

Reply #435
@WilB and @TheQwertiest, thank you both for your help.  I corrected the typo in Callbacks.js and Biography works fine now.  And thank you for creating and maintaining such wonderful components.  All your time and hard work is greatly appreciated.

Reply #436
Problem: YTTM directory is grown over 900 MB !!!!!

Hello,
I want to know if it is possible to avoid any caching at all or limit to total amount of disk space used to a given limit (like 20MB or so).

Thanks and regards
Andrea

Reply #437
Currently you can limit the cache size by locating the following, and entering a number, e.g. as indicated.

menu > sources > server settings:

[MISCELLANEOUS]
Image [Artist] Cache Limit=6

Save biography.ini after making changes & restart foobar2000.

The value is the number of images per artist. So that will limit the number of images to 6 per artist (or whatever number is entered). The cache limit is applied for a particular artist when updated during the normal image update cycle and when images are no longer in use.

Lfm have taken significant steps to inhibit image downloading already, & so I'm reluctant to potentially aggravate the situation by removing caching altogether. Also to quote from the site: "You will implement suitable caching...".

If the cache limit is used with "Auto-Add New", also in server settings, newer images are added & older removed to give a fixed number of up-to-date images.

Reply #438
so I'm reluctant to potentially aggravate the situation by removing caching altogether.
WilB,
But the user can independently clear the cache as much as he wants by deleting image files. Therefore, the enabled image caching mode by default allows your script to provide "You will implement suitable caching..." and having the ability to disable caching will provide the user with the necessary choices.
If the cache limit is used with "Auto-Add New", also in server settings, newer images are added & older removed to give a fixed number of up-to-date images.
Enabling this mode, I can not change the mode of caching images. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that it does not work.

3. Implementing the “lock” mode for Biography script (as suggested previously and as implemented in YouTube Track Manager script) will also allow in some cases to reduce traffic.
(It was also previously noted that the need for the "lock" mode is necessary because sometimes a song ends (image and text change) before you have time to read the text and view the images (for example when listening to internet radio).

Thank you!

Reply #439
Lock mode.

I implemented that for you a while ago in the Spider Monkey Panel version. See Changelog here.

To use the feature "menu > sources > show more items" button has to be enabled. Middle click the button to toggle the lock (as indicated by the tooltips). This was added as a discrete button (top left) so as not to interfere with image only views. The button also gives access to other features through normal click.

Image [Artist] Cache Limit.

This is a per artist limit. It can't be limited to a number lower than the target number of images per artist ("Initial Fetch Number"), as that takes precedence. If auto-add is enabled that always tops up to a minimum of 5 per artist, and so it can't be lower than that either. I confirmed its working as expected on my device. It was really designed to limit increases through auto-add. It only operates as images for a particular artist are updated during the normal image update cycle and providing they not in use. It's also worth pointing out that images can be set to save anywhere. So, for example could be saved to an old "USB" stick and forgotten about etc etc. It also means that multiple foobar2000 installs can use the same set of images. If there are still issues I might consider adding some other handling.

Reply #440
Lock mode.

I implemented that for you a while ago in the Spider Monkey Panel version. See Changelog here.

To use the feature "menu > sources > show more items" button has to be enabled. Middle click the button to toggle the lock (as indicated by the tooltips). This was added as a discrete button (top left) so as not to interfere with image only views. The button also gives access to other features through normal click.
WilB,
1. I apologize, I was not attentive. The lock mode feature is implemented and that made very nice and convenient.
Thank you very much! :)
Is it correct that the images continue to load when the lock mode is on?
2. I tried to experiment with the Server Settings. As a result, to limit the download of the number of images, it is enough to set the number for the parameter "Initial Fetch Number" from 1 to 20 (bioini.jpg). Thus, we can limit the size of the load, if you don't think it is right to disable caching.

Thanks again for your great work!

Reply #441
Is it correct that the images continue to load when the lock mode is on?

Images for the locked artist should continue to load and cycle as normal, if that's what you mean. However, certain track types, like YouTube tracks, can be slow to start actual playback and if locked in that few second window between double-clicking a track and actual playback starting it will lock on previous.

Reply #442
@WilB,
please consider adding the mode of viewing the history of cached images and biographies in chronological order (for example, when lock mode is enabled). It would be convenient to scroll using the mouse wheel or using a drop-down list of chronologically stored data. The number of entries in this list may not be large and adjustable. For example, 20-30 last entries would be enough.
This is useful for finding a listened artist whose name you have forgotten but would like to remember again (for example, when listening to Internet radio).
Thanks!

Reply #443
I've added the feature for the next version.

Reply #444
New Version: Biography 1.1.0

NEW: AM biography look-ups now directly support singles & streams etc.
    - Requires matching title as well as artist to facilitate discerning artists of the same name.
NEW: Black list for images (right click > menu > image). Designed to filter out occasional unwanted LFM artist images.
NEW: %BIO_TITLE%. Enables remapping of title. Configure in server settings if required.
NEW: Artist history for biographies and images. History shows in chronological order on "More Items Menu". Default is disabled. To use:
   1) Ensure menu > sources > show more items... button is enabled (button shows top left).
   2) More items menu now has extended options for which items to display in the "More..." flyout item. Choice of:
      - Show Similar Artists
      - Show More Tags (multi-value artist entries, composers and performers etc)
      - Show Artist History // enable to show artist history
CHG: Improved Icons for "More Items & Lock" buttons: lock now has a proper "lock" icon. FontAwesome is required to display these, else icons fallback to previous.
CHG: Updated scrollbar handling. New default button icons + auto-minimises & auto-hides by default. Behaviour & look can be set as previous on layout > scrollbar menu.
CHG: Various optimisations.
FIX: Reported issues.

Reply #445
Hello WilB

Just noticed the new release of Biography. That's great news!
Can I install on top of my favourite skin Tedgo's DarkOne4?
It's a bit confusing finding the right spiderMonkey 1.2.1+
Is this the right one?
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.2.1

Some time ago you helped me with this by creating a modified fcl.

(DarkOne v4.0 - Tedgo - JScript Biography Version (0.9.01) - Modified by WilB.fcl)

If you could do this once more it would be higly appreciated!
I'm using foobar 1.4.4 and JScript Panel 2.0.1+ with Biography 0.9.0.2 and Tedgo DarkOne4.
Windows 7 x64

I added my fcl if you need it.

Best regards,
redorb
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #446
Yes that's the correct spider monkey panel component version.

Here is a modified version of DarkOne v4.0 with Spider Monkey Panel Biography (v1.1.0).

All original credit to tedgo for the theme.

To use:
1) You HAVE TO install tedgo's DarkOne v4 according to tedgo's instructions here, unless it's already installed. This is required so that all the necessary stuff is in place. From tedgo instructions: ensure you BACKUP YOUR EXISTING COMPONENTS, CONFIGURATION FILES AND THEMES BEFORE EXECUTING THE SELF-EXTRACTING ARCHIVE!

2) Import the below fcl file: foobar2000 preferences > columns ui > main tab. Note that the fcl file was modified from redorb's version posted above and so may have some 'redorb' settings.

Reply #447
@WILB - Just offering my gratitude and thanks once again for your outstanding work - your scripts are superb!!

Reply #448
Hello WilB!

That worked like a charm! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!

Got an error that a newer version of Columns UI was required so I found this and after installing all is well! :D
https://yuo.be/columns_ui

Was surprised my tweaked paths to ytm folder was kept, and all settings also, that's just great! :D

Best regards,
redorb
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #449
Hi there!
@WilB, please consider adding the scrollbar for the image area (as an option).
This feature will allow to get the following:
1. recognize the first and last image in the buffer (for the artist's folder of course)
2. not cyclical viewing of pictures
3. improve the image scrolling process (relative to scrolling only with the mouse wheel)
4. visualize the process of downloading images (indirectly)

p/s
Version 1.1.0 works flawlessly.
Thanks!