Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Player that shows full mp3 id3v2 info? (Read 3438 times) previous topic - next topic

Player that shows full mp3 id3v2 info?

Hi

is there any way to configure winamp to show all id3v2 informations?

i have a lot of mp3's with more than one comment, and i need a player who shows all comments.
winamp only shows a few of all possible fields.

or is there a player that can show all infos of an id3v2 header?
can you tell me one? a good one with winamp plug-in system?

Reply #1
Good luck. There are so many players out that "may," or "may not" conform to the standards of ID3 tags, I've seen plenty that don't.

I do know that UltraPlayer will show some different info than what Winamp will show, and has the ability to write different/extra info into a tag, such as a URL, however I don't think its the answer for "showing all of the tag."

Reply #3
QCD is pretty good.

Reply #4
If you really want to work with id3 tags, I'd look into id3lib the standard library used for id3v1/2 and should support all features of id3v2.
dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #5
Yeh, i've testet ear and its seems a great plug-in for winamp.

But ear shows a different information about the used encoder than encspot.

many mp3's encspot guessing the Blade encoder, ear says its fhg or lame.

wich program is accurate?