Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3 Pro vs Vorbis (Read 5074 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3 Pro vs Vorbis

Which in your guys's opinoin would sound better - a 64k MP3Pro stream or a 64k Vorbis stream and why?

Mp3 Pro vs Vorbis

Reply #1
Try it.  See for yourself.  It all depends on the kinds of music you listen to, and which tuning of Vorbis you encode with.
I've tried Vorbis and I'm quite happy with it, esp. when resampled for low bitrates.

Mp3 Pro vs Vorbis

Reply #3
Hmm..  Streamingsoundtracks.com is the source.  I donno which is better for that.

Mp3 Pro vs Vorbis

Reply #4
If we take into account the error bars in Roberto Amorim's 64kbps listening test, it's hard to tell which performed better, as they overlap to a reasonable extent.

cya

Mp3 Pro vs Vorbis

Reply #5
Tried that before. Vorbis wins.

Mp3 Pro vs Vorbis

Reply #6
I think that vorbis would be a wiser choice because mp3 pro plugins for players are not really mainstream while vorbis plugin are often in the default install, for modern players.
Stupidity is root of all evil.