Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Basic Equalizer (Read 2769 times) previous topic - next topic

Basic Equalizer

Hey

I am thinking of getting a basic equalizer for my current CD player. It's a decent piece of player, not too expensive. And I have a set of stereo speakers + woofer that has a frequency response range of 33hz-20khz.

What equalizer would you guys recommend that is decent enough for my current hardware that wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket? I've been looking around for some equalizers and I have noticed some can only support around the midrange of my speaker frequency range (ie. 63hz - 16khz). Does it make a difference on sound via my speakers with the more limited range?

I hope to hear your expert opinions on that.

Thank you.

mirx

Basic Equalizer

Reply #1
If you are talking about playing CD's with your computer, foobar2000 has an equalizer built in.   
Nov schmoz kapop.

Basic Equalizer

Reply #2
...and I have noticed some can only support around the midrange of my speaker frequency range (ie. 63hz - 16khz). Does it make a difference on sound via my speakers with the more limited range?

No. The 63hz lowest setting means that this is the "peak" of the lowest frequency you can adjust on your EQ. The 63hz setting influences frequencies maybe from 20 to (guess) 200hz.

J.M.

Basic Equalizer

Reply #3
Not sure if my model's still made (they might make a better version of it now), but I have an inexpensive AudioSource brand (Model EQ Eight/II). It has a 10-band stereo EQ (30hz, 60hz, 120hz, 240hz, 500hz, 1khz, 2khz, 4khz, 8khz, 16khz) and a nifty spectrum analyzer on the front  It also has a few buttons for routing the signal if you have more than one souce you'd like to use. I think I saw one on eBay recently.