Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Phillips CDR (Read 4766 times) previous topic - next topic

Phillips CDR

Anyone know anything about Phillps CDR media.  Like who are they really made by, type, quality etc?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Phillips CDR

Reply #3
About a year ago, they switched from Tayo Yuden to Mitsui. I don't know if they changed again since then.

Phillips CDR

Reply #4
So, safe to say they would be better than the Imation and Memorex that I am using now?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Phillips CDR

Reply #5
For me, it is never safe, since it can be anything.

Phillips CDR

Reply #6
Originally posted by dreamliner77
So, safe to say they would be better than the Imation and Memorex that I am using now?

Be a little bit more flexible, this would help! Buy a disc/box of CD-Rs and make a test burn. Also read the manufacturer out by ATIP information. If you buy a new brand, do the same. If it doesn't work, try another. No hassle.

Phillips CDR

Reply #7
The only reason i bring any of this up is cos I am terribly broke at the moment. (fresh college grad with no job yet).  I saw a good deal on 100 of cdrs and I really need to feed my burning habit

Phillips CDR

Reply #8
Sometimes you can find CDRs from different manufacturers in the same 100 package.

If you need safety, only trust brands that manufactures their own CDR, you won't get bad surprises with them :

Mitsui (though we had problems with the green "Mitsui Media Golden Dye" that was available around 1999, dying after two or three years).

I don't know if Tayo Yuden exists as Tayo Yuden.

HiSpace will always be manufactured by MPO (HiSpace is the CDR department of MPO).

Ricoh exists as Ricoh.

Verbatim Azo will always be made of Azo.

Phillips CDR

Reply #9
Originally posted by Pio2001
I don't know if Tayo Yuden exists as Tayo Yuden.

Taiyo Yuden still exists as Taiyo Yuden in Japan.

Originally posted by Pio2001
Verbatim Azo will always be made of Azo.

Probably it's made by Mitsubishi Kagaku.

Phillips CDR

Reply #11
Thanks for all the cool info