Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC logs accuracy info question - AccurateRip vs CUETools DB Plugin. (Read 3469 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC logs accuracy info question - AccurateRip vs CUETools DB Plugin.

Hello.

I think I finally know how to rip CDs properly in EAC in either secure or burst mode, however analysis of logs is leaving me with few doubts. I noticed that (regardles of urst or secure, copy image or copy tracks etc.) in the log beside AccurateRip info pasted below (As You can see it is ok for all tracks)

Code: [Select]
No errors occurred

AccurateRip summary

Track  1  accurately ripped (confidence 185)  [933CE44B]  (AR v2)
Track  2  accurately ripped (confidence 184)  [3571FC56]  (AR v2)
Track  3  accurately ripped (confidence 184)  [E79C9FFA]  (AR v2)
Track  4  accurately ripped (confidence 183)  [9DD13962]  (AR v2)
Track  5  accurately ripped (confidence 185)  [A3150A08]  (AR v2)
Track  6  accurately ripped (confidence 185)  [77B4C446]  (AR v2)
Track  7  accurately ripped (confidence 185)  [6A6E4992]  (AR v2)
Track  8  accurately ripped (confidence 184)  [51251062]  (AR v2)
Track  9  accurately ripped (confidence 182)  [2FF81E1C]  (AR v2)
Track 10  accurately ripped (confidence 184)  [BBA18218]  (AR v2)
Track 11  accurately ripped (confidence 180)  [19A294F7]  (AR v2)
Track 12  accurately ripped (confidence 182)  [1AE155DC]  (AR v2)
Track 13  accurately ripped (confidence 179)  [3FCA7E11]  (AR v2)

I am getting some accuracy info from CT DB which looks like this in my case:

---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.6

[CTDB TOCID: sG.CQOADHalffvVDp4aJ7mlpUco-] found
Submit result: already submitted
Track | CTDB Status
  1   | (870/873) Accurately ripped
  2   | (868/873) Accurately ripped
  3   | (868/873) Accurately ripped
  4   | (830/873) Accurately ripped, or (2/873) differs in 40 samples @00:00:11
  5   | (869/873) Accurately ripped
  6   | (868/873) Accurately ripped
  7   | (867/873) Accurately ripped
  8   | (870/873) Accurately ripped
  9   | (869/873) Accurately ripped
 10   | (867/873) Accurately ripped
 11   | (866/873) Accurately ripped
 12   | (860/873) Accurately ripped
 13   | (861/873) Accurately ripped

First of all i did not even know that CueTools provides something like accurate rip and what bothers me is track 4. What does this   4   | (830/873) Accurately ripped, or (2/873) differs in 40 samples @00:00:11 exactly mean? I am getting this in any mode. The CD is completely new and it is well known album.

Thanks in advance for any advices.

Re: EAC logs accuracy info question - AccurateRip vs CUETools DB Plugin.

Reply #1
Out of 873 rips for that track in the database, 830 match your rip.
That's what you focus on.
There are 2 rips out of 873 that differ from your rip by 40 samples.
korth

Reply #2
There are 2 rips out of 873 that differ from your rip by 40 samples.
Are these two rips most likely from drives with misconfigured offsets?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #3
More likely, it is just one CD.

Seriously, OP: you got a three-figure number of rips that agree with you. That means it is correctly ripped, not matter if there are two that disagree.

Reply #4
Thank You guys. Additional thing - the successful rips were done on old internal drive plugged via (s)ATA to USB bridge. In secure mode Test&Copy it took about 50 minutes. Earlier I tried to do it (same guide use for configuration, all steps did the same) with an external USB drive. The estimated time at the beginning was about twice bigger and around track 11 each time I tried, EAC started to behave weird (for example - extraction window disappeared for a moment and then reappeared, error correction become very frequent, estimated remaining time grew longer and eventually everything started to freeze). Is it possible that this external drive just does not get along with EAC or maybe there are settings into which I should look into and try some tweaking? My external USB drive seems to be this model: https://www.amazon.in/LG-Portable-GP50NB40-External-Writer/dp/B00F08ZKYI

EDIT:

Actually maybe they are mine results from the struggles with external LG drive described above?

Reply #5
Actually maybe they are mine results from the struggles with external LG drive described above?
Not impossible. The CUETools database is updated after every submission, while the AccurateRip database is updated every few weeks (?)

Reply #6
Are these two rips most likely from drives with misconfigured offsets?
CTDB doesn't store rips based on read offset. All rips within an offset range of about 5880 samples from the first rip that created the entry are confirmed under that entry.
korth

Reply #7
And "differs in 40 samples @00:00:11" doesn't sound much like an offset issue ...

Reply #8
I just do some more testing with this LG external and there definitely is something off with it. I did test & copy in burst mode and although there were no freezes and hangs around track 11 Test and read CRCs for track for did not match again but to my surprise I got "Accurately ripped rating" on this track anyway:
Track  4

Filename C:\eac ripy\04 The Unforgiven II.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
     Extraction speed 15.2 X
     Test CRC 1480CBF4
     Copy CRC E61AA6E7
     Accurately ripped (confidence 183)  [9DD13962]  (AR v2)
     Copy OK

CT db resulst look like this:
---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.6

[CTDB TOCID: sG.CQOADHalffvVDp4aJ7mlpUco-] found
Submit result: sG.CQOADHalffvVDp4aJ7mlpUco- has been confirmed
Track | CTDB Status
  1   | (870/873) Accurately ripped
  2   | (868/873) Accurately ripped
  3   | (868/873) Accurately ripped
  4   | (830/873) Accurately ripped, or (2/873) differs in 40 samples @00:00:11
  5   | (869/873) Accurately ripped
  6   | (868/873) Accurately ripped
  7   | (867/873) Accurately ripped
  8   | (870/873) Accurately ripped
  9   | (869/873) Accurately ripped
 10   | (867/873) Accurately ripped
 11   | (866/873) Accurately ripped
 12   | (860/873) Accurately ripped
 13   | (861/873) Accurately ripped

Is it really possible to get Accurately ripped score although the CRCs do not match for that track? Any ideas what might be causing this problems with this track everytime? Some settings problem or is the external drive  broken? It bothers me cause I would like to save my internal Lite On for more damaged CDs and use some kind of cheaper external for the ones in good conditions. More so -i read some forums and externals from LG had some good opinions (although I did not find anything on this exact model). Should I buy another external drive?

Reply #9
Is it really possible to get Accurately ripped score although the CRCs do not match for that track?
AccurateRip and CTDB verification are for Copy CRC only (the data you actually ripped; not the test run).

The two rips (with 40 samples that differ) were submitted more than 10 months ago. (I have elevated 'read only' access but can only view the last 100 entries).
You have 2 entries for that CD (out of the last 100 entries) ripped from the same system. One from your LTR-52246S ripped in secure mode and one from your GP50NB40 ripped in burst mode. Any duplicates (same drive, same data) would be rejected as "already submitted".
korth

Reply #10
Is it really possible to get Accurately ripped score although the CRCs do not match for that track?
AccurateRip and CTDB verification are for Copy CRC only (the data you actually ripped; not the test run).

Any idea what may be wrong with the LG external drive that the CRCs for this specific track never match and why can't it finish rip in secure mode?