Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding cover art to OGM files (Read 3981 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding cover art to OGM files

How can I add / mux cover art (JPEG, PNG..) to an OGM file. I have a series of these files which contain audio and video streams, and I would like to attach thumbnail photos.

I have tried:
1) Appending an ID-3 tag.
2) mkvtoolnix to append the photo - but this alters the file format from OGG to Matroska.
3) Using the 'tagging' feature of foobar2000 - but foobar2000 states that the operation is not supported for the file type.
4) VirtualDubMod - I can open and save the OGM file but I cannot append an image.
5) VLC Player - I can edit metadata but I cannot commit the changes or even a picture.

I have also Googled extensively.

Help!

Reply #1
How can I add / mux cover art (JPEG, PNG..) to an OGM file. I have a series of these files which contain audio and video streams, and I would like to attach thumbnail photos.

I have tried:
1) Appending an ID-3 tag.
2) mkvtoolnix to append the photo - but this alters the file format from OGG to Matroska.
3) Using the 'tagging' feature of foobar2000 - but foobar2000 states that the operation is not supported for the file type.
4) VirtualDubMod - I can open and save the OGM file but I cannot append an image.
5) VLC Player - I can edit metadata but I cannot commit the changes or even a picture.

I have also Googled extensively.

Help!

mp3tag

Reply #2
I tried mp3tag. It doesn't recognize .ogm files, and if I change the extension to ogg while mp3tag will see the file, it cannot save the tag.

I do appreciate the reply after such a long period of time!