Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: From foobar2000 v1.4 beta 13 (more or less) bluescreens of death (Read 1717 times) previous topic - next topic

From foobar2000 v1.4 beta 13 (more or less) bluescreens of death

I had this problem, whenever I installed a beta version which was what I was using until I had this problem. I had BSoD so I started using the regular one and no problems.

If you need it this is the minidump.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Re: From foobar2000 v1.4 beta 13 (more or less) bluescreens of death

Reply #1
That information is useless, as it doesn't include the crash reason or address. And foobar2000 itself cannot cause a bluescreen, only kernel drivers can do that.

Reply #2
^ Hardware also - you might have some faulty RAM in that computer. I suggest backing up your personal files and everything important on there IMMEDIATELY if they are not already.

This has happened to me a couple times around here (lightning strikes and power surges, I reckon) so better to be safe than sorry.

Reply #3
1. Look in Google for BSOD stop code. The more general code, the more likely it's hardware issue (see 2.)
2. From my experience:
- look for faulty RAM (memtest)
- look for WHEA errors in system log. If you find them, then suspect faulty CPU cache or less likely CPU core. Log message should give you information which logical CPU (core) has problems with cache and then you can disable it in BIOS.

Why betas do and regular don't cause them? No idea. I can ask you "why it happened very often in Windows 10 and very rarely in Windows 7?". Just because.

Reply #4
Maybe it is indeed my hardware but the thing is that since I installed the regular version I did not have the problem anymore. Regards.

Reply #5
Well, after a while without that problem I had it again. The thing is that I think that somehow the sound drivers are involved with conflicting TCP/IP and Flash. Today I had it again when a lot of tabs in Mozilla and Spotify web player and other flash sites. So I imagine we can discard Beta version although I will not install it just in case.

Reply #6
Man, go to Windows system log. Post here blue screen code, post if you have WHEA errors and if yes - what is the message. Right now we still walking in the dark without basic info about BSOD.

Reply #7
Do not worry, if it is not Foobar I do not see the point. If you want, though, I will post it. Thanks.