Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with vob ( 2 CH LPCM) from DVD-A (Read 3032 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with vob ( 2 CH LPCM) from DVD-A

I have a question about playing vob files from DVD-A.The files are extracted into the two folders Audio-S & Video-TS. The files are all contained the Video-TS. I click on the VOB files that contain the audio. I can play the 5.1 files but the 2 channel files generate white noise. Are there any other plug-in or settings I can make to get these files to work. Also If I burn the DVD to .ISO and attempt to open in fb I get the following:Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format)

The files that wont play in fb are identified as 2ch LPCM by both vlc and PowerDVD and the files play perfectly when I use these players.It seems the issue is with fb.

I have the AC3 plug in installed in fb. Interestingly, I removed the AC3 plug-in and the 5.1 files which are AC3, still play. Another thing when the 5.1 file plays it generates ffdshow – I wonder if this has any bearing.

Any advice gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Re: Problem with vob ( 2 CH LPCM) from DVD-A

Reply #1
VOB files have nothing to do with DVD-A
Make fresh portable installation of foobar2000 version 1.4
Install plugin foo_input_ffmpeg
Download and unpack archive with ffmpeg from https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ Shared version or static - no matters.
In foobar2000 go to File->Preferences->Playback->Decoding->Ffmpeg Decoding Wrapper and configure it as on screenshot:

Of course your path to ffmpeg folder will differ.
Restart foobar2000. Now you can play vob files. If file has two (or more) audio streams use right click on file in fb2k's playlist, then Utilities->Select stream to select stream

Another thing when the 5.1 file plays it generates ffdshow – I wonder if this has any bearing.
It seems you have foo_input_ds installed. It is old and buggy. You can remove foo_input_ds and safely use foo_input_ffmpeg for many formats.

Reply #2
Rollin
 Thank you so much your solution works.  The ffmpeg wrapper & removing the ds absolutely did the trick.
 You are star Cheers :)

Reply #3
Almost fixed.  A slight issue with some of the 2ch files. The seekbar doesn't "pull" the tracks along. The album starts and if I wish to progress the tracks along, the playback stalls and sometimes starts the track again or there is along pause before it starts. In vlc the same file can be "pulled" along without a glitch. Any additional settings?

Thanks

Reply #4
Can you use Mediainfo to copy info about problematic file and post it here? In Mediainfo use View->Text

Reply #5
Thanks Rollin
Here is the mediainfo for the problematic file.

Reply #6
Something is wrong with your files. VOB with audio samplerate 32 kHz should not exist. See specification for audio on DVD - http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/DVD/Book_B/Audio.html
DVD-audio with audio samplerate 32 kHz also should not exist. https://web.archive.org/web/20120304060434/http://patches.sonic.com/pdf/white-papers/wp_dvd_audio.pdf , https://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/info/PDFs/DVD-Audio_Paper.pdf?phpMyAdmin=2f8ebc5437f1c9t59fb7cb7r58337
How exactly this files was created?
As for VLC, it is known for ability to play malformed files.

Reply #7
You can probably fix seeking in your file by enabling "Slow but accurate seeking" option found under Preferences -> Advanced -> Playback.

Reply #8
Thanh you for the suggestion it helps. Any suggestions to re rip the file to adjust the sample rate to keep the integrity (sound quality) I converted the file to flac in foobar and the sample rate  has changed to 96.

Reply #9
I converted the file to flac in foobar and the sample rate  has changed to 96.
You converted them without using any DSPs in converter? You can check if any DSPs are active in "Processing" section of converter settings.
If you converted without any DSPs, it means that files really are 96 kHz but for some reasons wrong info was reported.

Reply #10
Please help me, I follow the above settings, but it does not work. Take a look at the picture below. Thank you.

Reply #11
You have file extensions typed incorrectly. You need asterisk-dot-extension, *.VOB and *.BHD. There must be no spaces or special unicode characters.

Reply #12
You have file extensions typed incorrectly. You need asterisk-dot-extension, *.VOB and *.BHD. There must be no spaces or special unicode characters.

Hahaha,Yes, Now working!Thanks.