Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Making normal videos play with WASAPI (Read 1029 times) previous topic - next topic

Making normal videos play with WASAPI

Like youtube. I know I can't hear the sound but I'd like to be able to watch videos play while my foobar going, which is almost all of the time. I searched and didn't find anything. If anyone has a simple solution I'd appreciate it very much.

Re: Making normal videos play with WASAPI

Reply #1
Simple solution: don't use WASAPI exclusive. Use WASAPI shared(foobar's default).

Reply #2
I'm using VB-Audios Voicemeeter (Banana) for all output through ASIO. This allows to listen WMP, VLC, Fb2k, etc. simultaenously .... There are also KS and WDM driver option in Banana HW Out devicees which both seem to bypass the device master volume control (system tray slider).

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Reply #3
My Yamaha RS-700 got cooked by a shitty generator in the woods, and my M1 DAC died in a power failure. I bought those when I had money. Now I'm using my older one which is great but won't power my Polk Audio Lsi9's. It's a sad life for a broke audiophile. At least I have a Dacmagic 100 and some really bang for buck Energy CB-20's I've had for 10 years going. Just wanted to cry a bit, thanks for the help guys.