Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Mobile not working in Android11/Android R beta (Read 4034 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Mobile not working in Android11/Android R beta

The problem is in the title: my Foobar2000 installation on a Pixel 3XL stopped working (playing files) after I installed the first public beta of Android 11. The error message notes that whatever media file I select is already in use. Have others experienced this problem?

My guess is that the problem arises from Android's fiddling with file permissions, but I know nil of the guts of nor Andoid nor Foobar2000.

Re: Foobar2000 Mobile not working in Android11/Android R beta

Reply #1
Thanks for reporting.
Apparently Linux flock() function is broken (deliberately removed?) on Android 11. Workaround has been added for v1.2.6 beta.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Version 1.2.6 available in APK downloads and soon on Google Play beta.

Reply #3
Although it is working slightly better on the official Android 11 release, Foobar2000 still conks out after five or six tracks (or, say, 30 minutes). This happens both with the latest 1.2.8 on one Pixel 3XL and with 1.2.7 on a different Pixel 3XL (the two phones being on different carriers). On one phone, at least, the soon-to-disappear Google Play Music functions as it always had.

Reply #4
I've also been running into this issue on my Pixel 4a. After updating to Android 11 Foobar2000 will randomly stop playing tracks after a period of time. The console log doesn't seem to show anything when it happens and I have to hard kill the app to get it working again.

Reply #6
There was a new release two days ago, but the halting problem on Android 11 continues.

Rebooting helps, but only for a while.

Mik

Reply #7
Hello,

I own a pixel 3a with the same problems.
Stopping after a couple of songs, seems random.

Another thing; foobar goes in to non-responsive mode when I try to disable replaygain. funny thing: it say's it is already in the 'none' modus, but when i go into the menu it apears to be on. weird...

Nothing will help to get it back on track.

I do miss my thrusty app, as for me as an audio engineer it is the only app which gives me the quality i need:)
I hope help is on the way:)

stay safe!

Reply #8
Any idea if a fix for this problem is possible, or when we will see it?

Thanks,
Mike

Reply #9
Probably when you mail him your phone so he can test on something that actually runs Android 11 and it doesn't work on.

Reply #10
Very helpful.

Reply #11
At least he didn't call you a turd

Reply #12
I first noticed this after updating my Pixel 3 to Android 11 (the stable official release). It's mentioned in recent app reviews on Google Play Store, as well.

As others have described, a few songs will play, and then playback stops at some point, apparently when trying to move to the next song. Fully exiting the app allows playback, as does restarting the device, but the same problem is encountered shortly again.
At first I tried deleting and re-copying the files in my music library, and reinstalling the app, until I realized that this is an issue with Android 11 breaking something in the fb2k mobile app.

Based on this thread, it sounds like the (an?) issue was understood during beta testing of Android 11, but it doesn't appear to be worked out yet. Pretty sure I'm on the newest stable release of fb2k mobile (1.2.8 for android).

Love the app otherwise.

Tim in Berkeley
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Reply #13
Thanks for the bug reports. They are not being ignored, just waiting in a long queue with other stuff.

A new update is in the works and will be out before the end of the year, addressing various reported issues.

Reply #14
Version 1.2.14 available in the beta channel, a recurring crash on Android 11 has been addressed.
I was able to play a couple of albums on Android 11 without noticing any odd behaviors, I hope all is good now.

Reply #15
Thanks Peter. I ran the Beta version yesterday during my daily walk and it worked perfectly. It was nice to have an old friend back.

:-)