Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opus 1.1-beta (Read 100521 times) previous topic - next topic

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #75
The results for electronic music (two tracks from Nine Inch Nails albums).

"While Im still here" tracks was ok for 1.1beta and 1.1surround.  "In This Twilight" brought some issues for 1.1beta and surround builds. It seems like 1.1x tries to save some bitrate on narrow stereo but there is a strong transient.

Samples http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=847786

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #77
Could anyone link me to a windows build of opus 1.1 surround/beta 2? Can't find it, and don't know how to compile :/

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #79
Is there a development blogs somewhere where i can read about the development of the code? Life has stopped here lately.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #81
To add to what marc said, you can always read git commit logs, or the source diffs

Sure, having information that's more accessible to people who are neither experts in the field nor well acquainted with the codebase would be nifty, but stuff like Monty's updates take a ton of time and effort to put together, and if every new idea had to be accompanied by that level of explanation and demonstration for broader audiences, the pace would be glacial.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #82
Thank you guys!
No i didn't expected anything fancy. I was just curious where is Opus's development heading

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #83
iirc it's heading to RC. 

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #84
Reading diagonally over the commit messages, there seem to be mostly surround and software related changes lately, except for some stereo tuning for "IgorC's twilight sample".

Did that affect also other signals much, and are there more mono- or stereo-related quality tunings during the last few months which I missed?

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #85
Chris,
Did that affect also other signals much...

Yes, it affects a parts of samples (music or speech) where a stereo image is narrow enough. More obvious example is a speech samples as they very often have narrow (and/or panned) stereo.
It doesn't affect other kind of signals, hence no side effect.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #86
According to http://www.opus-codec.org/ 

1.1 RC was released

Edit: grammar errors

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #87
Still waiting for win32 binaries

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #88
Opus-1.1rc generic opimized build for testing, please don't forget to post results and differences from beta 

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #89
Opus-1.1rc generic opimized build for testing, please don't forget to post results and differences from beta 

Thanks Anakunda,

Unfortunately both 'x86\opusenc.exe' and 'amd64\opusenc.exe' give me this message:
"Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel®
MOVBE, F16C, FMA, BMI, LZCNT and AVX2 instructions."

I am running a Intel Core i3-2310M @ 2.1Ghz with 64bit version of Windows 8 Pro.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #90
Please redownload and try either build without AVX or non optimized, either should run for you now.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #91
Hi Anakunda,

I tried all of these and still get the same message:
x86
x86 (no AVX)
x86 (no opt)
amd64
amd64 (no AVX)
amd64 (no opt)

Strange that the (no op) ones are giving the same message.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #92
Case, when you have time can you please create the binaries? I only use yours. Thanks.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #93
LithosZA you're right, my mistake. This already should run everywhere as it should. Sorry guys for the inconvenience.

[removed]

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #94
LithosZA you're right, my mistake. This already should run everywhere as it should. Sorry guys for the inconvenience.

[removed]

No problem,

Yay, it is working now

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #95
Anakunda, why do I need to use all these DLLs? When for example Case compiles I only need opusenc.exe.

Thanks.

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #96
Anakunda, why do I need to use all these DLLs? When for example Case compiles I only need opusenc.exe.

Static vs. dynamically linked libraries. 

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #97
I would rather wait for an official binaries. The posted binaries (unofficial Anakunda's ) are reported to have some anomalities. 

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #98
LithosZA, are you still having that problem? If so, Anakunda can you give more info on your build. I can't reproduce the problem, so it probably has to do with the platform or the compiler. Can you try disabling SSE maybe?

Opus 1.1-beta

Reply #99
Hi jmvalin,

Yes, I am still having the same issue.
Is there somebody here who can build opus-tools with GCC instead?