Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can fb2k be controlled by externally sent Windows messages? (Read 1440 times) previous topic - next topic

Can fb2k be controlled by externally sent Windows messages?

An odd question maybe, but I can't be bothered to delve into the SDK or make components, I just have a completely separate program I made years ago that controls Winamp by sending Winamp defined Windows messages to the main window and wanted to adapt it to work with fb2k.
Are there such pre-defined message parameters? (Like Winamp's Msg = WM_COMMAND, WParam = 40045 for 'play' etc.)

Re: Can fb2k be controlled by externally sent Windows messages?

Reply #1
You can call the exe with command line parameters (play/pause etc), or there are http-based components that create a web interface from which you can control foobar remotely.

Reply #2
Thanks. Maybe a command line call would be an easy enough adaption. 
Is there a guide anywhere to accepted parameters?
I know, I could look myself! I'm not being lazy, just operating from the slowest computer I've used in decades on this! :D
It takes minutes per page, times 10 for each extra tab open?!? smh
fb's been a bit of a godsend in being able to play music from a upnp server while I work on this pos laptop! 

EDIT: nvm, I see fb has a very welcome /? parameter! :D
Thx fb devs!

Reply #3
For an example of one particular web-based component, see the API offered by foo_beefweb.

Reply #4
You can to use WM_COPYDATA

Reply #5
Thanks everyone. I got it working with the cmdline params which suited my need to keep things as simple as poss on this poor decrepit machine!
Cheers for all your suggestions and help though.