Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPC, gapless? (Read 3507 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC, gapless?

Is Musepack a naturally gapless format?  I know Ogg Vorbis is, and with MPC being one of the "next generation" formats, it would make sense for it too... but I don't know for sure.

I did a search and came up with nothing that directly answered my question, only a 3-year-old post.  =/

MPC, gapless?

Reply #1
Yes, Musepack is naturally gapless.  As for being a nex-gen format....well, only if it gets hardware support, matroska support, and finally becomes SV8 (shit in one hand...wish in the other).

MPC, gapless?

Reply #2
Is Musepack a naturally gapless format?  I know Ogg Vorbis is, and with MPC being one of the "next generation" formats, it would make sense for it too... but I don't know for sure.

I did a search and came up with nothing that directly answered my question, only a 3-year-old post.  =/

If you are thinking about hardware (jukebox etc) just note that even with a naturally gapless playback the playback won't be gapless if the hardware and firmware aren't written for...

MPC, gapless?

Reply #3
I only meant next-generation as in post-MP3, more modern.  Not nessesarily supported as extensively.

And cool, I was hoping it was gapless.  (=